How to schedule smart plug without home wifi?

Hi,
I just bought my first smart plug, the product description says “remote control”, “wi-fi connection”, “voice control”, “timing schedules”.

However, my house don’t have wifi installed, I was thinking of using my HP (it can serves as a wifi hotspot) to schedule timings for the smart plug.

However, I don’t know how to do it.
The product has recommended download “smart life” app.
But this app on my HP doesn’t seem to be able to connect with the smart plug, even when the power on red led is lit (there is a button on the side of the smart plug to toggle power ON/OFF)

Without my home wifi, is it possible to schedule ON/OFF timings for this smart plug ??

If the answer is NO,
then,

can I bring this smart plug to elsewhere where there is a power point plug and wifi access, and from there I can use the “smart life” app on the phone to configure the ON/OFF schedules for the smart plug. Once this smart plug is configured with the schedules.
Can I use this “configured” smart plug at my home power point, and presumably there is a timer inside the smart plug and it will automatically turn ON/OFF at the scheduled timings ?

If all the above solutions won’t work, meaning that this smart plug is not usable without home wifi,
then is there a version of a smart plug, that it itself installed with a self timer, and allow schedules be configured using bluetooth method via app on my HP ?

Many thanks, just lack of the basic knowledge of smart plug.

This forum is for people who are using the Samsung SmartThings ™ home automation platform, and all of the questions and answers are assumed to be in that context. It is not a general home automation platform.

It sounds like your device is using Smart Life. That is a different app from a different company.

I suggest you ask your question in the Reddit home automation sub forum, which is brand agnostic, and someone should be able to help you there.

Good luck! Smart Life is a very popular brand, so you should be able to find lots of other users over at Reddit. :sunglasses: