How to replace the SmartApp "Left it Open" to control all the open close sensors in the house with 3 automations and 1 virtual Device

How to replace the SmartApp “Left it Open” to control all the open close sensors in the house with 3 automations and 1 virtual device.

The official Left it Open application required a smartApp configuration for each sensor to be controlled.
@johnconstantelo for your part and I made versions of Left it Open smartApp to control all sensors with a single Left it Open-MultiContact setting, but these will go away with groovy

There are Two options:

1. Separately control each sensor with 1 routine and 1 virtual sensor:
      You can use Virtual Appliances Mc driver creating a SwitchBoard virtual sensor from 2 to 5 switches that I have on my channel. with which you can do up to 5 routines for 5 sensors with a single virtual device.
      In this way it will send you a personalized and independent message for each open sensor during “x” minutes + another one every “y” minutes

You can make a routine with the door sensor and a virtual device, for example called a reminder:

IF:

• open sensor open during x minutes
    and
  • virtual switch reminder = Off

THEN

• virual switch reminder = On and turn Off after “y” minutes
  • Send notification

This will send you a notification when it is open for x minutes
It will send you a notification every y minutes while the door is still open.

In example first notification at 1 minute and every 2 minutes

1. You can Control all contact sensor you need with 3 Routines and 1 Virtual device Switchboard-2:
      You can do 3 routines with Virtual Appliances Mc driver creating a SwitchBoard 2-Switches virtual device to control all your sensors in the house and it would send you 1 message when one or more sensors are open for “x” minutes and every “y” minutes until all contact sensors are closed.

Example for 4 doors:

Create virtual device SwitchBoard 2-Switches. I renamed as Virtual Letf it Open
You can write the name for every switch, only for detail view.

1st automation:

• Switch 1 will turn On when any door is open for more than x minutes (in example 1 minute)
  • switch 2 will turn Off when any door is open for more than x minutes (in example 1 minute)
  • You can add precondition: If location mode is Away

• You can add to send a notification with: Some door is open more than “x” minutes

2nd automation:

IF:

• Virtual Switch 1 is On and Virtual Switch 2 is Off

Then:

• Virtual Switch 2 turn On and turn Off “y” minutes after ( in example 2 minutes)
  • Send Notification: Any Door is Open since 1 minute or more

3thd Automation:

IF:

• All doord are closed

Then:

• Virtual Switch 1: Turn Off
  • Virtual Switch 2: Turn Off
  • Send Notification: All Doors Closed

The Three automation:

This is the link to my Shared Channel to install Virtual Appliances Mc driver

6 Likes