How to create device group in the V2 classic app?

In the Classic app, how do I create a virtual switch that is a group of real devices?

I did this about 2 years ago but don’t see a way to do it now.

Thanks.

in the marketplace, there is a smart app to create virtual switches. Then you can use Smart Lighting mirror function to have the group of real devices follow the virtual one.

alternatively, the new app has a native Light Group feature that is super easy to use. But unfortunately it is currently only available for manual control (can’t be used in automatons or scenes)

1 Like

Awesome! I see the virtual connector. But how do I add devices to it so it is able to turn lights on/off? Not understanding what you mean about mirroring. I know the functionality but don’t see how it plays into this setup.

No desire to upgrade to the new app. I’ll just lose a lot of functionality. Classic app works perfectly. Not broke. No need fix.

One could argue it is broke if it isn’t easy to figure out simple functionality like light groups…but anyway.

It’s a two step process:

1. create a virtual switch.
  2. Create a Smart Lighting rule that says real bulbs mirror virtual switch.

2 Likes

There is a how to article in the community – created wiki on creating groups that might help:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Group_Lights_Together

Excellent! Got it. Thanks.

1 Like