[HOW TO] Add your TP-Link HS-100 Wifi outlets to SmartThings

At the GitHub site, at the top level, there is a pdf file " Cloud TP-Link to SmartThing Installation.pdf" providing explicit step-by-step instructions including the file identifications.

After entering my TP-Link username/password and selecting ā€œInitial Installā€ in the TP-Link Device Service Manager (SmartThings phone app) I click ā€œNextā€ and am presented with a blank page that never updates. No error is displayed. It is just blank. If I click ā€œSaveā€ I get an error of ā€œbad stateā€. Iā€™ve gone through the installation instructions several times with the same results. My device is a TP Link HS110. I used the TPLink Cloud Connect V2.groovy file for the smart app and the (Cloud) TP-Link EnergyMonitor Plug.groovy file for the device handler. As far as I can tell Iā€™ve done everything correctly. Not sure what the issue is.

I have never seen that. I will research and answer on my thread at: TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch

This is the proper thread.

Hiya, this may be a dumb question, but I canā€™t install Service Manager? I added it in IDE but canā€™t find it on phone app as it does not have a category called ā€œSmartthings Labsā€.

Iā€™m fairly new to ST and donā€™t know much about coding. So far Iā€™ve installed the device handler (I have three LB110s to connect). in IDE added the coding to ā€œmy smartappsā€, saved and published it. But I canā€™t find it to install on my mobile phone.

Was there anything I did incorrectly, or is there anything else I need to do?

Many thanks

Edited: Tried again this time it worked (somehow). Very weird. I signed up IDE and followed instructions for webCoRE on one computer (computer A), then a couple of days later followed the ā€œHOW TOā€ for TP link bulbs on a different computer (computer B), on computer B I couldnā€™t even see my webCoRE in ā€œmy smartappsā€ but can see ā€œmy locationā€ OK. canā€™t see my hub or any devices. I added device handler and service manager in IDE on Computer B, not seeing it at all on mobile app. This morning I opened IDE again on computer A, now I can see my hub, my devices and webCoRE, but lost all the device handlers I added last nightā€¦

Iā€™m using the same Samsung account throughout.

Now I can see Cloud Connect on my phone, but when trying to install it I had ā€œunexpected errorā€. Iā€™ll try again when I get back home as Iā€™m currently not within the same wifi network with the bulb Iā€™m trying to connect.

Iā€™m having the same issue. Iā€™ve been using the bulbs and switches for almost a year with no issue after integrating with SmartThings. I just tried to add a new HS-100 and HS-110 and it fails every time.

Have you tried uninstall and then re-install the smart app and service managers. I had to make some changes and the old files are not compatible.

It wonā€™t let me delete the old SmartApp. Iā€™ve read some posts online about where to delete it on IDE, but I continue to get an error. I created a ticket for Samsung support to see if they can help me delete the app. Thanks for your response.

To delete, all associated devices need to be deleted. You may already know this, but just to confirm.

Thanks Dave. Actually I did not know that. It was talking about users. I wasnā€™t sure how everything was linked together. I was able to delete the devices and then the old SmartApp. Iā€™ve now added the new SmartApp and device handlers and everything is up and working, including the HS100 that previously wouldnā€™t add. Thanks again for your help!

1 Like

Hey Dave.

I originally had my TP-Link Kasa HS110 working with SmartThings but something happened and I stoped using the outlet. Anyway, I wanted to start using it again and cleared out everything associated with it in IDE. I added the Service Manager to the IDE My Smart Apps and added the SmartApp on my device. I have successfully added my credentials and selected Initial Install - The TP-Link Device show with the correct name and I click done and then get an error - when I reviewed the error log I have the following:

******-cf22-4a83-93b9-8a7e966caf5d 8:44:36 PM: error physicalgraph.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type ā€˜(Cloud) TP-Link EnergyMonitor Plugā€™ in namespace ā€˜davegutā€™ not found. @line 206 (doCall)

Do I need to add in the device handler as well? I did have it set that way initially, but then removed the device handler and got the same error.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

EP

You need to add the device handler below. This is specific to the HS110.

(Cloud) TP-Link EnergyMonitor Plug.groovy