How can I close my garage door automatically if its been open for 15 minutes?

Hello, I just picked up the Linear Garage door controller and can’t figure out how to do the following: between 10pm-7am, if the door is open for 15 minutes, i’d like it to be closed automatically. Any ideas?

You can do this in webCore, are you looking for a standard app to do this?

Just looking for what automation to use and how. Don’t care if it’s webCore or other. Tho webCore is having issues for me right now … when I try to make a piston, the options screen is blank. Need to uninstall it and reinstall I guess since it isn’t clearing up on its own.

Go into the Graph API and updated the app there. You probably out of date ver there.

1 Like

Indeed - what @joecooler describes is a known issue corrected with the latest build.

1 Like

You can also try to use CoRE as a stand alone app. Otherwise if you have access to RBoy Apps you can use the Garage Door SmartApp which automatically opens/closes doors after a certain period of time amongst other features. [RELEASE] Enhanced Linear GD00Z-4/GD00Z-5/GoControl/Iris/others Device Handler with Switch and Automated Garage Door Open/Close when People Arrive/Leave/Timed

3 Likes

Thanks for the tips guys … I can always count on multiple people on this board to have the answers! FYI I used the cut-and-paste method to install webCore, if I get a git account and do it that way will I get updates automatically? And what’s Graph API?

Using git won’t push updates automatically, but it will be a little simpler to know when there are updates and manually pushing the update into SmartThings.

That’s simply the Classic SmartThings Web IDE.

1 Like

The IDE is accessed using https://account.smartthings.com/

1 Like