Honeywell T9 Thermostat and Smart Room Sensors as Presence Device, Motion Sensor?

I just got the Honeywell T9 Smart Thermostat and about 6 Smart Room Sensors. I’m trying to figure out if there’s a way to directly connect to the smart room sensors as presence devices, temperature and humidity sensors, and/or motion sensors. It would be nice to be able to access each one and do things with it in Smartthings rather than have to buy separate sensors for those rooms.

Initially looking through the Honeywell API it seems iffy - I need to look more but initially I don’t think I can pull out each sensor and accompanying motion data, temperature data, or humidity data (what other data do they collect?). But I can’t help but wonder - could they be hacked to get the data? Is there a workaround? Am I missing something in the API? Hoping others can help me think of solutions.

Hi Jesse. Did you ever get this to work?

Thanks.

Any luck? Maybe a custom device handler?

I’m going to try to get to this soon, but in case anyone wants to take a stab at it, here is what Honeywell told me:

"Assuming you have a token, the call flow works like this. I’ll attach sample CURL and Responses for each! I’ll leave my API key in for illustration but take out the tokens.

GET Locations:

https://api.honeywell.com/v2/locations?apikey=YZnROyEuVdJCUbfEEfxHWEj6i5HhVF1z

In that response for the device you’ll see a groups array with room numbers in it (assuming you have T9/T10):

“groups”: [

{

"id": 0,

"name": "default",

"rooms": [

]

}

]

You’ll also want to retain the locationID and the deviceID (e.g., “LCC-XXXX”) from the response. You can then just GET that device:

https://api.honeywell.com/v2/devices/thermostats/LCC-B82CA0196B73?apikey=YZnROyEuVdJCUbfEEfxHWEj6i5HhVF1z&locationId=559589

Then you can get a particular group and the rooms/sensor data in it:

https://api.honeywell.com/v2/devices/thermostats/LCC-B82CA0196B73/group/0/rooms?apikey=YZnROyEuVdJCUbfEEfxHWEj6i5HhVF1z&locationId=559589

On each sensor is the humidity, temp, motion detected (true/false) and battery state.

“accessoryValue”: {

"coolSetpoint": 0,

"heatSetpoint": 0,

"indoorHumidity": 36,

"indoorTemperature": 73.125,

"motionDet": false,

"occupancyDet": false,

"excludeTemp": false,

"excludeMotion": false,

"pressure": 0,

"occupancyTimeout": 0,

"status": "Ok",

"batteryStatus": "Ok",

"rssiAverage": -52

}

The one thing I will say, particularly with smart things, is we don’t really allow a ton of heavy polling/GET commands. We’re working on real-time push data for the sensors to 3rd parties, but it’s not there yet!"