Honeywell Smart Wi-Fi Thermostat Compatibility

I am on google hangouts if you want to do a screen share. You have to create a new device type with this code, not a new smart app. jody.albritton at gmail.com

I got the new virtual device created and added your code into it successfully.
Restarted the app on my phone.
See it in the "Things"
Doesn’t show anything.

Where do I tell the device name?
What do I need to do next?

Great job everyone on the WiFi Thermostat device type!

@jody.albritton
I just set it up today for my Honeywell RTH8580WF. I guess other than filling in the blank space for Device Network ID it really does not matter what you enter since this device type only talks to Honeywell Total Comfort.

Earlier you were asking about colors for the temp set point tiles: I would prefer the heat set point tile to always be red (or orange) and the cool set point always to be blue etc. Right now they are changing colors when I adjust each one. I live in FL and very rarely use heat, my heat set point is at 50degF and by looking at the color (ocean blue) it makes it look like its the cool set point.

Very cool and great job.
Hopefully my Away and Home temps work good, that’s why I installed this new device type.

Here is a thought.I have a TH8320WF1003 Henywell Thermostat. It is wifi enabled. Does anyone know if it’s possible to swap out the Wi-Fi adapter and add a Z-wave adapter instead?

After you login to the Honeywell Total Comfort website it will take you to this url

https://rs.alarmnet.com/TotalConnectComfort/Device/Control/XXXXX

The number at the end of the url is your deice ID.

1 Like

Yup, I had no problem with the Device ID. Just did not know how to find my “Device Network ID” when filling in the blanks on the IDE “My Devices” section.

Oh. Any number will work there. The Device Network ID is not used since this is a cloud to cloud device.

This make no sense to me!
1st screen shot matches what my thermostat shows:

Then I clicked on the “Activity” tile at the bottom of the screen and then back to find this:

Which is not correct! The thermostat does not show the HEAT ON, the temp is 80 and the fan is in AUTO.

Try leaving the app. Logging out and back in. It looks like ST is having some delays tonight.

This works! Thank you!

Thanks for the code! I was able to get it up and running on ST HOWEVER - when I authorize the new device to be controlled on my Harmony Ultimate Home remote - the remote is showing the temp as 167 degrees with a target of 178 degrees
yikes!

I can confirm that the remote thinks the temperature is in C and is then converting it to F. I changed the “units” on the remote to “c” and it now shows the correct temperature. The problem now is that the remote puts limits on the temp change and will only let me set cool to a max of 32 degrees

Can the code be updated to accommodate this c/f bug somehow? I have my Filtrete Radio Thermostat hooked up with the Harmony remote with no problems.

Thanks in advance and nice work!!

FYI:

This morning (10/28) I received an email error message from Honeywell, tsat not responding etc. I just talked to customer service and after 15min they were told by their managers:

“Our servers are undergoing maintenanace, hence you wont be able to submit changes remotely either via the App/Website.”

My honeywell seems to be operating normally again. At least this time they did not break the API again.

Thx so much, just got around to setting this up. Painless!

I received several email error alerts today from mytotalconnectcomfort@alarmnet.com saying:

Honeywell’s My Total Connect Comfort - Change Failure Notification
The following Alert has occurred:
Your attempt to change the thermostat THERMOSTAT failed.

maybe something with the API did change?

UPDATE: looking at the IDE Log for the last few minutes and playing with the SmartApp I only came up with one red ERROR message:
“java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out @ line 340”

The error message happened at about the time the AC kicked off and the same time I turned the fan from ON to AUTO. My AC does not have recirculate like the SmartApp shows (going between ON and AUTO).

The error messages this morning may have been do to Pollster?

I must not be signed up for those alerts because I have never received one.

Hi Jody
is there a way to send a permanent hold to my rth6580wf?
I would like to create a “vacation” or “away for a long time” tile, which keeps the temperature I desire until I return. Then I want it to go back to its normal schedule.

I want to automate my usual process of:

• go to the Total Comfort website and sign in
  • manually adjust the temp to something really high (80F) or low (55F) depending on season.
  • Select “Switch to Permanent Hold”
  • Press Submit.

BTW: I saw Brad Goodman’s website and it states that if you dot send anything to the “NextPeriod” parameter it will be permanent. Your code sends “null” which theoretically should work, but it just does the hold until next period.

Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot to you and ethomasii for the work that you did.

I can look at it, but I handle these kinds of situations with modes. I have several keep me cozy II instances, one for each mode.

1 Like

I would think a VACATION mode would work good, I do the same thing but with my AWAY mode. When I leave the house my AC temp goes up by 4deg.

@jody.albritton
By chance is there one line I can modify or an easy way I can delete the “Circulate” fan option? My AC does not have circulate. Thx

p.s. No error messages today, yesterday I received them by email and they were also displayed when I logged into alarmnet.com

Hi Guys!
So, I have a TH930W stat, and I installed the code and the device. For 2 days, It looked “normal” except the humidity was just dashes. Now the temp values are weird (currently displays 66°F).
Also, it seems like I have to force the data to refresh.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Chris