Honeywell Smart Wi-Fi Thermostat Compatibility

I think I figured out a little more! I was adding code under My SmartApps, not My Device Types. I have now added the device into developer site and it is listed under My Device Types :smiley: Is the next step to install the tstat and register it on Honeywell with Mac ID and CRC? How and when can I add it to the ST app for testing? (AGAIN I am sorry for all the amateur questions :frowning:, I am trying to learn)

1 Like

I know Kurt. Problem is I am rarely available to chat with them during their operating hours due to my work. I thought the developer would be the best source for me. I appreciate the responses and help very much though!

Register your thermostat with the Honeywell site. Once you can use it there you can use it with my device type. You will see a six digit number as part of your URL. That’s your deviceid. Enter that along with your credentials to the device type settings and you should be off and running.

So, I got this set up (great work, btw), but would like the system to barely cool (for example) while we are not home, but to revert to a predetermined schedule when we do return. Specifically, I have a zone system and parts of the house are not used at different times, even if we are home. As best as I can tell, the SmartThings smart apps only really have home = X temp, away = Y temp. Is there a way to make it revert to the schedule I’ve set up that I’m missing?

Will this work with the new Honeywell Lyric Thermostat? Model #: RCH9300WF5005

http://www.lowes.com/pd_598931-74493-RCH9300WF5005_0__?productId=50236337&Ntt=lyric&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dlyric&facetInfo=

1 Like

I have the RTH6580WF honewell wifi thermostat. The device type detects the device and I can see events in the logs but I am unable to do much more than that. The interface is missing most of the control features like the set points.

I found another method of talking to the thermostat. Here is my working code.

I am having trouble getting this to work. I have created a new device type and created a device. It appears to log in successfully but fails when executing “getStatus” with the following error:

‎9‎:‎27‎:‎09‎ ‎PM: error groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Unauthorized @ line 354
‎9‎:‎27‎:‎08‎ ‎PM: debug https://rs.alarmnet.com/TotalConnectComfort/Device/CheckDataSession/98913?_=1410323228938
‎9‎:‎27‎:‎08‎ ‎PM: debug Executing ‘getStatus’
‎…
9‎:‎27‎:‎08‎ ‎PM: debug groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseDecorator$HeadersDecorator@86d6773
‎9‎:‎27‎:‎08‎ ‎PM: debug Request was successful, 302
‎9‎:‎27‎:‎08‎ ‎PM: debug Executing ‘login’
‎9‎:‎27‎:‎08‎ ‎PM: debug Executing ‘refresh’

Any ideas on how to get this working?

I am not sure what is going on. The code was working until around midnight on 9/9. I am getting the same error messages now too. Honeywell may have tweaked something.

@ethomasii has your code also stopped working with honeywell thermostats?

I am new to the IDE and trying to get ethhomasii’s code and my Honeywell 9000 (TH9320WF5003) thermostat working - without success. Unfortunately, I just started last night and it sounds like maybe Honeywell broke the code with an API change. Nonetheless, I would appreciate some help. Here are my questions. It’s not clear that the code ever talks to the thermostat, but instead just to the Honeywell server - if this is true, what happens with the Device Network ID (its IP address in hex format)? Do you need to specific and particular port or just the hex IP? I see that there is debug data written to log.debug - how does one see that in order to help figure out what’s happening?

In my case, I think I’ve created the new Device type and added the Thermostat correctly. The new Thing shows up in my IOS app, but it is never populated with any data. I see commands issued when I look at the Device’s activity log in the IDE, but no responses from the Device other than a ‘Device is Active’ and soon after ‘Device is Inactive’.

Thanks for help or suggestions

I have reached out to honeywell support, with no luck. It does appear that they have changed something on their api. My code was working fine and the suddenly started throwing unauthorized access errors. I also tried @ethomasii 's code but his code is giving the same error. Not sure where to go from here.

As far as setting the device up in the ide, you just need to crate a dummy device, then copy the appropriate code into the editor. After you have the device type, you can create a new device with it, That new device has a preferences section where you can specify your username, password, and device id. The device id is the number at the end of your honeywell url.

Thanks. I think I’ve done all that correctly - setting up the new device type, pasting the custom code into it, and add a new device with the new device type. I think I have the credentials for the Honeywell server correct and the device’s local IP address in hex (although it wasnt clear that the code ever used that). I tried your code as well with the same results. Your code had an issue with trying to slide the slider and it would always push the page back to the Things page - I think because the slider knob was always sitting to the far left at the edge of the page.

How do you see the log.debug info? Maybe in the console in the simulator? I started looking at that last night before I fell asleep, but tried again today from work and got nothing - so maybe my work computer isnt the best place to do this from (firewalls and such) (not sure when you use the simulator where the code actually runs - back on my own hub, computer I have the IDE open on, or ST’s cloud).

There is a logs link in the ide. Hitting the refresh button from the thermo panel in the app should trigger events there. The device id are the numbers in your url

https://rs.alarmnet.com/TotalConnectComfort/Device/Control/XXXXX

It had been working good so I kinda forgot about it. I’ll look into it. I’m guessing they changed their code. I had lots of unauthorized messages while developing it… You have to make sure to pass the proper cookie values so they may have changed something there.

They have an API they just have not opened it…could be a way to keep people out that aren’t paying for API access?

Right on. I had just finished my build to the point it was stable and becoming a thing that I did not have to think about anymore. Keep me Cozy II was working like a champ and all was right in the world. Hopefully someone who knows a little more than I can dig into the changes and figure out a fix.

As far as their API access goes, I can’t even find someone who is willing to sell it, let alone talk about it with any sort of authority. None of their customer support reps have a clue that accessing the thermostat through an API is even a thing you can do.

I didn’t mean the Device ID used for addressing the Thermostat by Honeywell’s service and one of the 3 login credentials; I meant the Device Network ID that you enter in the field when you add a new device of the new device type. The one that is the hex format of the thermostat’s IP address. Again, I don’t know how/if SmartThings uses it, since all comm by SmartThing with the Thermostat seems to be via Honeywell’s website.