Honeywell Smart Wi-Fi Thermostat Compatibility

Greets all, I’m new here - still figuring this all out.

I have the Honeywell THX9421R5021WW which shows up on the supported list earlier in this thread, but I can’t get the thing connected using the Add Devices in the Smartthings app. I Choose Thermostats, Honeywell, then Honeywell WiFi 9000, Enter my Honeywell Credentials, Log into the Comfort Connect Website where I can clearly see my Thermostat controls, it says You’re Honeywell Account is now connected, then when it asks me to select my thermostat is doesn’t show any thermostats available…it just says “You can’t currently add this”.

Am I missing something? I’ve jumped through all the hoops, it says it’s connected to the Honeywell Connect page, but then can’t seem to access my 'stat. I’ve been trying this for days.

Suggestions?

Is the THX9421 a true WiFi thermostat? I looked at the manual for that thermostat and it doesn’t look like there isn’t much that it won’t do. Being that it appears to be a very high end residential, or even a commercial thermostat, I am wondering if it is compatible. Does it work with the Total Connect Comfort app? I have a 9580 and I connected it just like you tried to do. Hopefully, someone else will jump on here that knows that thermostat.

I have the HW 9000 series WiFi Thermostat which works great with the Total Connect Comfort App. I added the Honeywell WiFi Thermostat from the Smartthings app after the Last Hub update. It added the Thermostat and works great. After you add it from the smartapp you must enter the login credentials including the 6 digit number at the end of the URL after you log into the Honeywell site for your acct.

Already done all of that. This 'stat is on the list as a supported device, synced up my TCC account, but when I get to the part where I select my thermostat, there is nothing to choose. I tried talking to Honeywell support, and they sent me back to ST support.

Have you emailed ST support? I don’t recall ever seeing this stat being used and I have been using a DH for my 9580 stat all the way back to the community handler written by Eric Thomas. I’m fact, I still have both running. The community handler by Eric and the official handle. I guess my only other question is does it show it compatible with the community handler or the official handler? I quickly looked at the thread here but it’s 700 posts.

This is the link to the community handler. Can you see if this one works?

I happened to already be trying a community API, I don’t recall if it’s this one or not, and it does connect using the API, but it’s really choppy. So I know the Honeywell works, I’m just not sure why the ST app isn’t accepting it as a valid device.

I’m stumped. I would email support. I’ve had good luck with support (I know others will disagree) but if it worked with the community handler it should work with the stock handler. Personally, I think the community handler has more options but required pollster to keep updated and you couldn’t update it very often or you would get blacklisted by Honeywell.

BTW completely unrelated but…if you use smart tiles you can put the TCC website into a tile and it will bring up the online app from within smart tiles. Kind of cool.

Good luck with support. Other than uninstalling and reinstalling (which I’m sure you have already done) I am out of suggestions. Sorry I couldn’t be of further assistance.

any luck yet because Im experiencing the same issues myself

Hi CoolDil, you mentioned “Once you create an account on TotalConnect and register your Gateway, you can now use the Honeywell custom code to get your thermostats in Smartthings”. Would you be able to tell me where you found the “Honeywell custom code”?

I was talking about the community code that the posts above have been alluding to. It can be found at: https://github.com/lgkahn/honeywelltotalapi/blob/master/totalcomfort.txt

Instructions (not mine :-)) on how to setup the community device handler and configure the device/s can be found at: https://github.com/lgkahn/honeywelltotalapi/blob/master/totalcomfort.txt

I think the best code is the lgkahn code in the links at the top of this post.

honeywell broke this. now getting unauthorized in all 3 of my therms since 11:30 on the 29th!!!

2 Likes

I’m getting exactly the same custom and stock handler. Support notified.

2 Likes

No issues on my 3 thermostats (redlink enabled ones)

I had both, a community DH as well as well as the stock smartthings DH. The custom DH will not update as of 11:16am on 11/27. I just tried reentering my credentials and still it will not update.

On 11/28 I received a message saying that the stock DH lost it’s authorization around 9:30am. When I finally went in to fix it my credentials were there and it’s been updating as changes occur. I just bumped the temp up by 1 degree and it worked fine on the stock DH.

Wonder what they did to disable the community DH.

Running a Wi-Fi 9580.

Please share the finding when they reply. Thanks.

Its a bummer as the stock is very limited in features, no outdoor temp or humidity, no dual temp for AC and heat, no fan status, and no notification whether it is following schedule orvl temp/perm hold.

1 Like

I am interested in this community dh. Please share status

when the community DH stopped working a few nights ago, I went back to the stock DH. Like everyone else I found that the major problem with the stock DH is that it sets a permanent hold on both my RTH9580WFs. Not sure if if’s already been solved by a post above, but I was able to resolve it using CORE. I found that Core exposes a capability on the DH called resumeProgram, that when called with an empty parameter set, cancels the permanent hold. I created a piston to utilize this when I get home. Hope this helps.