Honeywell Smart Wi-Fi Thermostat Compatibility

EDIT: DUHHHH, ugh I’m an idiot. You do this from the app. Never Mind. Turns out custom rules do not show on this screen anyway.

Yeah, I understand, no complaints here that’s for sure. Great work!

Is it possible to use just the temperature reading as another “device”? On the home screen of the Smart Things app it shows my “Smoke Detectors” as green and it appears I can add a temperature sensor to this screen too.

I’ve been poking around trying to add a device that only reads the “temperature measure” capability of the TCC API but it doesn’t appear I can do that. Do I need to hack up your code and create a new device handler to just grab the temperature and then create a new device based on that device handler? Or is there a way to create a new device of “Temperature Monitor” and use the current Device Handler?

I’m willing to poke at the code if necessary. It just seemed odd that I can’t use the existing API for a second device as a temperature sensor.

I’ve been long trying to get this to work with my Honeywell 9000 WIFI RTH9580WF with no success. I installed the latest lgkahn code from github as a device on https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/devices and published to “me”. When I added the device of this type, the version drop down gave me “self-published” or “published” or something else. I chose “self-published”. I added my device ID, username, password. And yet, it still does not work right.

I do not see temperatures. I cannot turn heat on or off (I have no AC). And the fan button does not react, and stays on “auto”.

If I change it at Honeywell’s website, the changes do not reflect on the smartthings app.

Any ideas?

Hondo - can you please send me a copy for iOS?
claudio90@gmail.com - thank you!

Sorry

No longer have a Honeywell .

Deleted the code

Wrong Id. Post the ide logs

I bet lgkahn is correct…the deviceid is not what you’d expect…Superbob has some instructions that work and tell you how to get the deviceid.

Hi all - I am not able to access the “settings” screen to set my preferences on the iOS app. I’m hitting the “cog” but only can see an option to change the device name. Not put in my honeywell account, password, or device ID.
Please advise?

First, I’d like to thank you for all your work maintaining this, your version is the closest I’ve gotten to 100%.

My question is related to the fan mode, for some reason, I can’t seem to change it, I tried tweaking your code to no avail. Below is the return of a successful request, any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated:

10:15:06 AM: debug ld = [fanData:[fanModeCirculateAllowed:true, fanModeAutoAllowed:true, fanModeFollowScheduleAllowed:false, fanIsRunning:false, fanModeOnAllowed:true, fanMode:2], drData:[Load:127.5, HeatSetpLimit:0, OptOutable:false, DeltaHeatSP:-0.01, CoolSetpLimit:0, Phase:-1, DeltaCoolSP:-0.01], uiData:[OutdoorTemperature:128.0000, TemporaryHoldUntilTime:1035, ScheduleHeatSp:60.0000, DeviceID:[sanitized], DispTemperatureAvailable:true, VacationHold:0, VacationHoldUntilTime:0, CoolSetpoint:79.0000, ScheduleCoolSp:81.0000, SwitchHeatAllowed:true, CoolNextPeriod:69, IndoorHumidity:128.0000, SwitchAutoAllowed:false, SetpointChangeAllowed:true, HeatLowerSetptLimit:40.0000, OutdoorHumidStatus:128, SwitchOffAllowed:true, OutdoorHumidityAvailable:false, StatusCool:1, OutdoorTemperatureAvailable:false, EquipmentOutputStatus:0, StatusHeat:1, CurrentSetpointStatus:1, HoldUntilCapable:true, CoolUpperSetptLimit:99.0000, SwitchCoolAllowed:true, OutdoorHumidity:128.0000, DualSetpointStatus:false, SwitchEmergencyHeatAllowed:false, Commercial:false, CoolLowerSetptLimit:50.0000, OutdoorHumiditySensorNotFault:true, IndoorHumiditySensorAvailable:false, ScheduleCapable:true, DisplayUnits:F, DispTemperature:75.0000, Deadband:0.0000, HeatUpperSetptLimit:90.0000, IsInVacationHoldMode:false, OutdoorTemperatureSensorNotFault:true, HeatSetpoint:60.0000, DispTemperatureStatus:0, HeatNextPeriod:69, IndoorHumiditySensorNotFault:true, OutdoorTempStatus:128, IndoorHumidStatus:128, SystemSwitchPosition:3], canControlHumidification:false, hasFan:true]

that doesn’t really tell me anything are you sure it is not changing… have you done refresh after changing it… what thermostat do you have… you will have to put more debugging in to see what is getting passed in when changing it and what is coming back on the refresh… also have you tested changing it from the web interface of Honeywell.
it could be a problem with your install or hardware… I have no issue changing the fan mode on all 3 of mine.

@Lgkahn Many thanks for picking this up and making it so useful. I’m running your device handler and having success setting modes and temps, but one thing I don’t see… Is it possible to tell it to return to “FOLLOWING SCHEDULE”? As I understand it, when a specific temperature is set from ST, the thermostat goes into temporary hold mode. I’d like to tell it to return to its schedule and set the temperature to whatever is preset in the thermostat’s schedule. Possible? Thanks again!

i believe this is not possible because there is currently no way to do this in the web interface… try logging into their website and doing it… There is no way…

You however, can manually toggle the system to off and back to auto i believe to reset it possibly.

I wonder how the IFTT channel does it? Maybe if ST and Honeywell get the partnership inked we will have it. I use IFTT for other things so I make use of the function from there. It would be handy from within ST though.

Thank you, @Lgkahn, but please look again. From the Honeywell app or the total comfort web page, I can do the following: manually set a temperature change which sets a hold state; select “Press for Options” which offers a “Cancel Hold” button. That does what I’m looking for.

I was just typing the same thing - “cancel hold” I would think would be what you need.

Hi all - I have a Mitsubishi minisplit system that uses their proprietary MHK1 thremostat and is not directly compatible with the Honeywell Total Coneect like like the 9800. However the minisplit does support the Redlink Internet gateway which I have. So I CAN use the Total Comfort iOS app and website to control my minisplit and that works well.

However, what I really want to do of course is control the minisplit via SmartThings. I bought the CT100 and its on its way to me. I am hoping that I will be able to somehow use it with ST to then control the minisplit over Redlink. Is this possible and if so can someone please explain how? Thanks!

new version with a tile that shows the mode:
ie following schedule, vacation or temporary hold.

selecting the tile cancels any holds, but you will not see the temp update till refresh.
i captured the packets in the app to figure out what it did when you push the cancel button.

1 Like

Sounds fantastic. Can’t wait to give it a try! Thank you!

Hi and thanks for the reply. I do have the proper device ID. However, mine is 7 digits, not six. I don’t know if that is part of the problem? Maybe the device code cannot accommodate 7 digits?

[quote=“Lgkahn, post:690, topic:602”]new version with a tile that shows the mode:ie following schedule, vacation or temporary hold[/quote]That’s great. Thank you for figuring that out. Is “cancel hold” a capability that can be a rule action?

With the updated code, it seems to have weird icons rather than the degrees symbol, latest 2.1.3 iOS app