Home Decorators Ceiling Fan/Light Controller MR101Z - First Impressions

Yeah you can have more than one controller on a circuit like that.

Each controller is a separate device in ST.

You could install one fan at a time, flipping the power back on each time, so that only one new fan tries to pair with the hub at a time.

Or if you install all fans at once and then flip the power back on, it should still be possible to pair them all. The ST app would only recognize one at a time, but once you save a new device it should just move on to the next one while the hub is in pairing mode.

If any of the controllers were to time out while waiting to pair, flipping the wall switch off and on again should put the device back into pairing mode

1 Like

Hello. I am looking for a little assistance on installing the HD controller.

This morning I installed the hardware and device handlers. All of the handlers have been published and are available via the ST application. Following the instructions, I have the fan off and put the ST application into ‘Add a Thing’. Once in discovery mode, I toggle the fan on via the remote. Unfortunately, the device is not discovered. The ST hub is version 2 and about 20 ft. away.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

You have to turn the power on/off via the wall switch or breaker. Using the remote does not kill power to the controller for discovery purposes.

Have 6 Hampton bay wink remote install

I lost connection control all of them.

Go check on IDE and is active and working
But lights never turn On neither the fan.

Any suggestions

They were working great until Monday that we have a power outage.

Thanks in advance

No need to post the same question in two threads.

Someone has already replied to you in the other thread.

Thanks in advance

Aloha,
I just installed 4 of these fans. They are working great. The one question my wife keeps asking me is “Is there a way to program the lights to come on when we flip the wall switch on?” Since it’s custom programming anyway I thought their might be a chance, but I’m too new to this know for sure.
Thanks,
Sam

See this suggestion above for a Z-wave replacement switch.

Otherwise you could go with one of the other button options. I use the Sylvania button with one of my fan controllers and it works well - tap up or down for light on/off, and hold up or down for fan on/off.

Does the light child handler need to be installed for the fan to work? I don’t have a light on my fan and would like it if the handler only had the fan control.

Thanks for the response. I’d missed that earlier.

I have a fan like you with the start capacitor built into the original receiver (half-circle shaped receiver). Last night I took out the original receiver, opened it up, de-soldered the capacitor from the PC board, clipped the wires from the grommet, and then rewired per schematics on this thread: https://forum.smarthome.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10220&SearchTerms=hampton,bay

Per other users experiences in the thread, I had to reverse polarity for downward from what was written, so what I ultimately wired looked like this:

120V Pwr

(WHT) (BLK)

Receiver
-------------------------------------------------------

(WHT) (Blue) (BLK)
|------Light------| |
(WHT) (BLK) |
| |
| |
N --±------PINK------Motor----YEL—±–L
| |
±-4.5Uf–GRY-Motor—RED----+

Everything works great from the remote and the app, except the reverse function on the remote. As it is now, I’ll only be able to spin downward (cooling) and I’d have to rewire (flip flop the pink and yellow wires) to reverse it (not a good option). I’m pushing the reverse button on the remote while the fan is on (like the instructions say) and I hear a click and it acts like it’s trying to do something. Anyone have any ideas of how to make the reverse work from the remote?

EDIT: Looks like my schematic didn’t come through right after posting, so you may have to refer to the thread I linked to, but just swap the pink and yellow from what it shows…

I have the home decorators fan that has no pull chain only a handheld remote:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Decorators-Collection-Merwry-52-in-Integrated-LED-Indoor-Brushed-Nickel-Ceiling-Fan-with-Light-Kit-and-Remote-Control-SW1422BN/301231210?MERCH=REC--PIPHorizontal2_rr--300654432--301231210--N

How do I integrate this with my ST hub? Do I need to remove the controller that is mounted above the fan with something else?

Replace that controller with this one

Edit - I did not see the link for the child devices in the post.

Nothing to see here … move on

Having some noob issues with this. The fan is up and connected. The KOF device handler is pointing to the Hampton Bay controller. The fan is recognized by SmartThings and I can turn the fan on and off through both the app and Google and Alexa. My issue is with these child devices. I don’t see them. I have gone into the classic app settings for the fan and deleted and recreated the child devices several times. I renamed the thing and deleted and recreated the child devices to no avail. Part of the issue is that I have never heard of child devices before adding this Hampton Bay controller. Excuse my ignorance. I have triple checked I am using the correct device handler. Where are these child devices found?

For anyone who might be struggling with the installation of this remote … here is an excellent video on YouTube showing step by step instructions for connecting this to ST.

2 Likes

So I am thinking of getting a 3 speed fan with an integrated light. My wiring is NOT separate so its all on the same lines. My thought is this

Get this for the wall switch HS-FC200+ which will let me also set multi-tap scene and get this Hampton-Bay-Universal-Wink-Enabled-White-Ceiling-Fan-Premier-Remote-Control

According to this https://homeseer.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/HS-FC200-Manual-Online-072318.pdf

If you you hook it directly up to the fan it will dim or turn off the lights if you aren’t on the highest setting. Would the hampton bay switch be an intermediary and not allow that to happen? allowing the light to be controlled via independent multi-taps via zwave? Am I making sense? Is this possible?

Is anyone having issues with this working in the new Smartthings app? It seems like the devices have ported over, but I can’t control the fan or the light. The fan thinks it works, but toggling it on or off doesn’t do anything. The light portion simply says “Can’t connect to device. Check device and try again”

The new app is broken you shouldn’t have changed to it…

I wish I didn’t. Unfortunately the old app is going away October 14th, so I wouldn’t have bought myself much time.

1 Like

I wouldn’t hold your breath. :no_mouth: