Hive Motion & Contact Sensors

Ok. Got new version of motion sensor set up. Reports battery and temperature but does not report any motion detection. It does however report motion if paired with the hive hub…

connecting the latest hive and contact sensors with these device handlers:
1- contact sensors only show open/close state. no temp/battery readings
2- motion sensor- doesnt work. recognises no motion/temp/battery readings.
OP are you able to update the code please?
anyone else cabn help?
cheers

I’ve the same problem.
Contact Sensors only picking up contact, no battery or temp reporting.

Would love to see full compatibility if possible

glad i’m not the only one! new to all this. by the looks of it, the op has probably stopped supporting this dt. i’ve got several hive motion sensors gathering dust :frowning: is there a way to request support from other members to help us?

It’s polling motion in the live logging section, so it’s definitely sending the commands. I just don’t know how to edit the code to make it register the motion as active

OK I got a sort of temporary working motion sensor now. I used this device handler

The motion sensor now reports a motion when it first picks up a motion, but it won’t check in again for 30 seconds, so what I’ve done is change line 77 of the code from

if (value == "active") {
	def timeout = 2

to

if (value == "active") {
	def timeout = 30

That way the sensor shows “MOTION” for 30 seconds when it first picks up motion and if it picks up motion again after this 30 second period, it will stay on. If not, it reverts back to “NO MOTION”.

1 Like

FYI, if you go to the device settings, you can change the motion timeout in there rather than editing any code :slight_smile:

anyone getting battery readings for the door sensors. only open/close is being reported.

anyone make any progress with the contact sensors ? battery / tamper and temp?

Hi Simon, thanks for the work.

I’ve just bought the new Hive Motion sensor. Followed your instructions, smartthings finds and links giving it a smartthing icon. However it just says please wait. I manually updated the ‘type’ (in the web device list) to your device handler ‘hive motion sensor’. Please wait, went and not its just in a constant ‘motion’ state.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi I have both a contact sensor and a motion sensor not tried the motion sensor yet but the contact sensor is connected but not changing status to closed it just says open all the time.
Any help please?

My hive motion sensor is stuck on motion. No temperature or battery reporting either. :frowning:
It worked for a while and stopped. I’ve reset the whole hub and started over, no joy.
Is there a way I can see what communications the motion sensor is sending/receiving?

Mine both seam to be working fine now

@frazhd2 What did you do to get this working? I am trying to get the motion sensor working - used the Orvibo device handler and changed the value from 2 to 30 as suggested above. No luck so far.

Hi, I have tried everyting to get the montion sensor to work and it seems to me the device handlers just dont work. Shame as the other Hive intergration with eh stat and bulbs works really nicely. Going to try contact sensors shortly so will see.

Ok, so tried the contact sensors ( i have 2) neither worked with the Hive device handler above , just showed open all the time

So I tried one with the same device hander as the Samsung ones Smartsense Multi Sensor and that worked fine and is still working.

So I thought I had cracked it and installed the second one the same way //but nope this one just would not work and again just showed open all the time.

So given up and packed Hive Sensors back in box… Wouldn’t be so bad if Hive app scheduled and actions worked better as I could still use them … but they are awful so I dont think I can see a use for them… I am hopeful somebody might write a device handler that works… Please !!

Hi did you get sorted sorry i didnt reply ive been busy recently and i havent been on here for a while

Tried these last night - couldn’t get it to work, could this be a firmware issue?

I’m also having problems with a motion sensor, permanently reporting motion. I think it will be getting returned.

Having dug a bit deeper it seems i have a different model of sensor from the one these DHs are intended for - mine is reporting:

model: MOT003
application: 01
manufacturer: HiveHome.com
endpointId: 06

whereas the DH says:

manufacturer: “AlertMe.com”,
model: “PIR00140005”,

So i’m guessing this device handler is no good for this model of Hive sensor - i’m currently getting temperature reported but not battery, and motion is permanently active. I get the same result with the SmartSense Motion Sensor device type. I then changed to a simulated motion sensor device type, triggered and then cancelled motion and switched back to SmartSense Device type and then this DH - both now report temperature, no battery info and no motion. (I can’t test if it will change when it actually detects motion yet as it’s at home and i’m at work)

Where on earth do i start trying to work this out?