HI3510 IP Camera Device Type (Tenvis IPROBOT3, Instar, Wansview, others...)

@uncleskippy
Not totally sure if the problem I’m about to warn about is even relevant to this discussion, but just in case…

I’ve been using your original Device Handler here in this thread and it’s been working great for my IPROBOT3. So, thanks again!!

Then, I tried to use RBoy’s DH for the Foscam/Tenvis cams, and we discovered a problem that I want to make sure you’re aware of (so that you don’t bonk the code for my version of the IPROBOT3 lol ).

The short story is that there are two completely different IP camera products from Tenvis that were both named exactly the same, IPROBOT3. One of them came out in 2013 and the other in 2014, but the 2014 isn’t just an updated version with everything else being the same; rather, it’s on a completely different firmware line from the old one.

The 2013 IPROBOT3 works with RBoy’s Foscam/Tenvis DH, but the 2014 IPROBOT3 does not.

Mine is the 2014 IPROBOT3 and works with your (uncleskippy) DH here in this present thread.

For anyone interested in the longer story, here is my post about this problem from the other thread…