Hello, Home Phrase Director - Control modes (through hello home phrases) based on occupancy and "sun state"

Same here with the sunset issue and the message from support.

Open the app and hit done.

It’s very probable that I’m having the same issue with sunrise events
 however today, my hub didn’t even fire a “(x) has left” command or a "(x) has arrived’ command. I just uninstalled the unofficial version and reinstalled the official version. Hopefully things start to react correctly soon

I am having the same issue
glad I checked this thread :smile:
I have a light that’s supposed to come on when someone returns home only at night. My wife told me today the light was on when she returned home today. Checking the logs it looks like everything worked fine Sunday but has been messed up since. Same as others, switched from Home Day to Away Night then Home Night at around 2pm.
Hope they fix this soon but am glad I’m not alone :smile:
Scott

2 Likes

I was curious yesterday to see if my Home - Evening phrase would be fired at sunset
 well, it looks like no, nothing was fired and I had to do it manually.

This morning, while present at home, my Home - Day phrase did not fire up at sunrise :frowning: but 10 minutes after leaving for work, my Away - Day was executed, which is an improvement over yesterday :wink: and one step towards normal behaviour!

I contacted support about my issue as well. My lights did not turn off this morning at sunrise as they usually do. I rebooted my hub last night hoping that would fix it, but it did not.

I have not heard back from tech support yet, but my Home-Day successful switched to Away-Day once everyone left the house.

Awesome thanks! Thanks for writing such a fantastic app for us! :smile:

Thanks Great app works wounderful

1 Like

OK I am still confussed. What I am looking to do it if it is dark and we get home to an empty house lock doors and turn on lights. If it is day only unlock doors. What am i missing.

Set up hellow home phrases to do what you want for each condition. However you setup the hello home phrase is what eill happen. Look at your phrase setup and you’ll find your problem.

So I need to make 2 I’m backs. One for day and one for night. So if it is in away day trigger I’m back day and switch to home day. And at night away night and I need to trigger I’m back night and switch to im home night. Right?

If that’s how you want it to work, yes.

well the “I’m back day” would just unlock the doors but the “I’m back night” would unlock and turn on lights.

ok but how do I get it to trigger. I made the two new phrases. but I don’t see where I can say only perform if in “away night” or “Away day” what am i missing. how does other people do the lights only come on when they come home if it is at night.

Ok i just followed this and I think it will cover everything. not using this app but I got what I was looking for.

I got this from another post

1. Go into the screen where you add/remove/rename your modes
    1a) Change Home to Home Day
    1b) Change Away to Away Day
    1c) Remove Night
    1d) Add a new mode called Home Night
    1e) Add a new mode called Away Night

Now you should have all four modes: Home - Day, Home - Night, Away - Day, Away - Night.

1. Go into Hello, Home
    2a) Create a new Action called Come Home Day. Under “What do you want to happen?” set “Change the mode to” Home Day. Under “Additional settings” set “Automatically perform “Come Home Day” when
” to occur when Someone arrives. Under “Additional settings” in this same section check the boxes under “Don’t automatically do this if I am in one of these modes” for Home Day, Home Night, and Away Night.

2b) Create a new Action called Come Home Night. Under “What do you want to happen?” set “Change the mode to” Home Night. Under “Additional settings” set “Automatically perform “Come Home Night” when
” to occur when Someone arrives. Under “Additional settings” in this same section check the boxes under “Don’t automatically do this if I am in one of these modes” for Home Day, Home Night, and Away Day.

2c) Create a new Action called Leave Home Day. Under “What do you want to happen?” set “Change the mode to” Away Day. Under “Additional settings” set “Automatically perform “Leave Home Day” when
” to occur when Everyone leaves. Under “Additional settings” in this same section check the boxes under “Don’t automatically do this if I am in one of these modes” for Home Night, Away Day, and Away Night.

2d) Create a new Action called Leave Home Night. Under “What do you want to happen?” set “Change the mode to” Away Night. Under “Additional settings” set “Automatically perform “Leave Home Night” when
” to occur when Everyone leaves. Under “Additional settings” in this same section check the boxes under “Don’t automatically do this if I am in one of these modes” for Home Day, Away Day, and Away Night.

2e) Create a new Action called Sunrise Home. Under “What do you want to happen?” set “Change the mode to” Home Day. Under “Additional settings” set “Automatically perform “Sunrise Home” when
” to occur at Sunrise. Under “Additional settings” in this same section check the boxes under “Don’t automatically do this if I am in one of these modes” for Home Day, Away Day, and Away Night.

2f) Create a new Action called Sunrise Away. Under “What do you want to happen?” set “Change the mode to” Away Day. Under “Additional settings” set “Automatically perform “Sunrise Away” when
” to occur at Sunrise. Under “Additional settings” in this same section check the boxes under “Don’t automatically do this if I am in one of these modes” for Home Day, Home Night, and Away Day.

2g) Create a new Action called Sunset Home. Under “What do you want to happen?” set “Change the mode to” Home Night. Under “Additional settings” set “Automatically perform “Sunset Home” when
” to occur at Sunset. Under “Additional settings” in this same section check the boxes under “Don’t automatically do this if I am in one of these modes” for Home Night, Away Day, and Away Night.

2h) Create a new Action called Sunset Away. Under “What do you want to happen?” set “Change the mode to” Away Night. Under “Additional settings” set “Automatically perform “Sunset Away” when
” to occur at Sunset. Under “Additional settings” in this same section check the boxes under “Don’t automatically do this if I am in one of these modes” for Home Day, Home Night, and Away Night.

That’s it! Your four modes should begin switching automatically now based on presence and whether it’s day or night. Now just be sure to go into any of your lights, door locks, etc. that you have programmed to turn on/off, lock/unlock, etc. and select which of the four modes you want the actions to occur under.

2 Likes

Ok so 2e - 2h can be replaced with this app. I think it is finally making sense now.

Tim, just wanted to say that everything has started to work perfectly since last friday, without me doing anything. Phrases get fired up correctly, both sunrise/sunset based ones and presence based ones
 wife is happy again :wink:

Thanks again for this wonderful app, which I consider essential to my setup now :wink:

1 Like

I was away on vacation all last week. I noticed that every day at Sunrise it would switch to Away Night instead of Away Day. That never happens when I’m actually coming and going daily from the house - It seems to go to either Home Day or Away Day reliably. But all week the Away Night at Sunrise seemed consistent. If I changed the mode to Away Day, at Sunset, it seemed to trigger back to Away Night as I would have expected. I have the “unofficial” app at the moment, but based on the recent comments, I’m not sure it would make a difference.

I’ve been consistently seeing the app not fire my sunset phrase for a while now but I just started digging around this evening. I noticed that in my hub event log, there’s no sunset event listed.

Under normal circumstances, should there be?