Heating Floor Mats - Thermostat 120v to ST

Hi all,

I’m pretty new to ST, so please be patient with me :slight_smile:
I got this Electric Radiant Floor Heat Heating System and want to know if there is a 120v thermostat that I can buy to connect to it, so I can control it from the ST app.

The product comes with Aube TH115-AF-120S thermostat.

Thanks

I just had my bathroom renovated with a heated floor. My contractor used his normal thermostat and installed a GE switch to connect it to ST.

Mornings go like this now:

Alarm clock: rings
Jane: mumbles "Alexa, bathroom on"
Alexa: OK
Floor: begins warming up
Jane: hits snooze button for 10 more minutes of sleep

2 Likes

So when you turn on the switch, the thermostat powers up on the same temperature every time?

Yes. Here’s the switch and thermostat that was used.

2 Likes

Is there any other option, where I can use just the thermostat without the switch?

I have the same setup as JaneL describes for my radiant floor heat. Take the thermostat that comes with the product and install then connect the power to the thermostat through a GE switch. Then you can turn the floor heat on with the switch and it will warm up to the same temperature each time. And to answer your actual question. no there is no thermostat that can work with the floor heat products and talk to smartthings.

2 Likes

I really like being able to control it with Alexa. I don’t have to leave my desk or get out of bed or fiddle with an app to get the floor to start heating up for my shower.

Thank you. very helpful.