Harmony Home Control

Unfortunately I would rather not do that considering the time I’ve already spent setting them up. There has to be another way considering I have done everything to make sure everything is ready.

I had 3 remotes on my original myharmony account including non-hub remotes and smartthings app would not connect discover the Harmony Hub. I then created a brand new account on myharmony and moved the hub remote to the new account. Smartthings still won’t discover the freakin Hub. I have opened a ticket with smartthings and waiting with fingers crossed.

1 Like

Let’s go through this.

You cleared the IDE and mobile app of all Logitech things.

You have a new Harmony account setup with a new remote and hub that is no longer registered to the old account.

You added ST from within MyHarmony and authorized your ST hub and devices.

You added the Logitech Harmony Trigger smartapp.

You followed the above steps and nothing?

Yes I followed all of those steps except for clearing from IDE. Not sure why there would even be anything in the IDE after uninstalling all Logitech stuff from the Android App.

I double checked IDE anyway and found nothing related to Logitech at this point.

I am having same issue. I have tried everything suggested in this thread without success.

I’ve had the issue with adding harmony hubs to smartthings before, and it ended up being a 3rd inactive hub that I no longer used, and once I removed the inactive hub, I was able to see the other 2 hubs on smartthings.

However, after the maintenance yesterday I could not control a zwave switch, which was also heavily tied into logitech. I got a bit frustrated by it, and just removed everything relating to the switch, including logitech connect/logitech activities. Eventually I was able to get the zwave switch controllable again.

I quickly found out that the issue had come back, and that I was once again no longer able to add harmony hubs to smartthings. As usual, I can still add smartthing items to harmony, but not the other way around.

Maybe something during yesterday’s maintenance broke the ability to add harmony hubs to smartthings?

:edit: Moved one of the hubs to a different account, and left it unplugged. Still cannot see the remaining hub.

Live logging looks like this for only the harmony account that I just attempted to add:

11:52:57 PM: error java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Execution time exceeded 20 app execution seconds: 48384510632434 @ line 472
11:52:57 PM: trace java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
11:52:47 PM: trace java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
11:52:37 PM: debug valid Token
11:52:37 PM: trace Discovering devices…
11:52:52 PM: warn Connection to the hub timed out. Please restart the hub and try again.
11:52:42 PM: trace Discovering devices…
11:52:39 PM: debug Requesting Code
11:52:34 PM: warn Connection to the hub timed out. Please restart the hub and try again.
11:52:24 PM: debug receiveToken
11:52:24 PM: debug Exchanging code for access token
11:52:24 PM: warn No authQueryString
11:51:10 PM: debug Requesting Code
11:51:08 PM: debug About to create access token

Well, crud. Now you have me concerned. I’ll try to add mine to my V2 this evening.

I had the integration working for the Harmony in my living room but then got greedy and wanted it on the one in my bedroom as well. When I tried to connect the bedroom harmony I couldn’t get it to connect.

So I did the stupid thing and uninstalled everything and tried to start fresh.

Now it wont discover any of my Hubs and instead I have 8!!! instances of the Logitech Harmony (Connect) app in my Smart Apps list on the Home tab. When I try to into one of them I get the ‘You are not authorized to perform the requested operation’ error.

If I try to remove via the Marketplace nothing seems to happen?!?! I have tried to delete it via the IDE and I get a ‘This SmartApp can’t be deleted at this time because it is installed by one or more users’ error. I have checked all the users and I do not see this installed.

So now not only is the integration broken, I can not even remove the smartapp. This is some sort of Kafkaesque situation going on right now with this integration.

I hope Smartthings can step in and shed some light soon!

1 Like

That occurred the first time I tried the integration. I believe it was due to my attempting to install Harmony Connect from the app instead of doing it from the Harmony side. It took Support to clear the multiple instances.

Thank you for this! I will contact support and see what they can do.

After trying everything I could two straight evenings, I decided to try one more time to get my harmony to work and if not, I was gonna give up. Well to my disbelief, it recognized it on the first try. Works like a champ.

1 Like

Looks like it’s definitely on your end. I fired up the install tonight and connected two hubs simultaneously without a hitch.

Or they coincidentally fixed something in the last few hours. :wink:

Several people reporting things that didn’t work this afternoon are now working.

1 Like

Yeah, mine started working today as well.

1 Like

Same here…after weeks (if not months) trying to get everything to work. Things are working now. Can’t be a coincidence that this occurred after I updated to the latest version of the Smartthings app…

1 Like

It seems the the recent difficulty of connecting SmartThings <> Harmony wasn’t due to any platform changes or Connect App changes but instead inability to authenticate on Harmony.

We’ve been investigating this as we’ve a spike in tickets coming into the support queue and seemed to resolve itself without any changes on our end which leads us to believe it’s a Harmony server issue.

There still is a current outstanding improvement that we need to make where for users with multiple hubs (even orphan ones) need to upgrade the firmware on all hubs in order to authenticate. This is a known issue. Also, hubs that are offline will also cause issues when gathering the list of available hubs.

So if you’re having difficulty:

1. Ensure that the firmware is updated on ALL Harmony hubs
  2. Ensure that ALL Harmony hubs are online
  3. Power cycle each Harmony hub

If you see any issues with timeout, this means that we’re having difficulty reaching harmony servers and is unlikely related to your individual account.

2 Likes

I just happen to look as things are slow at the office and awesome to see this. I was able to do the connection from work and set up with no problems.

Thank you all for the updates and suggestions!

I am still getting into the new Harmony hub setup, coming from a Harmony One and 900.
I want to be able to control my fireplace with SmartThings, my Harmony can currently control it. I was hoping to just be able to send the on and off command from ST to the Harmony hub but this does not look like how it works, I think I have to use an activity. Now I can do this but think my thoughts maybe be stuck in the old Harmony way. Lets say I turn on my TV with the Harmony remote, with the old remote I would be in the Turn on TV activity and all my buttons mapped accordingly, is this still the case with the hub. The reason I ask is if I turn on the tv then the “Turn on Fireplace” activity gets run from ST to the Hub sometime during watching TV, would my remote still control the TV or would I still be in the “Turn on Fireplace” activity and the buttons on the remote would be mapped for that?

Does that make sense?
Thanks,
Scott

Exactly as you thought, its currently my major problem with harmony and smartthings integration - it NEEDS and is crying out for the ability to also map remote buttons - even if it was just several . . . Harmony hates multiple activities… regardless of what anyone says its a poor solution to such a simple problem.

However:

Possibly opens these doors

1 Like