Harmony Home Control - SmartThings Control and vice versa

so not sure what changed, but I was finally able to add my devices via the Harmony app, and can now control my devices via my remote and harmony App, however, I still can’t install the hub on the ST app. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

It’s one way comms at the moment, Logitech’s upgraded firmware broke integration from ST http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Hub-Based-Remotes/SmartThings-and-Harmony-Hub-Integration/td-p/1356134
Logitech need to fix :frowning:

There’s new version for harmony hub 4.3.41. I just updated but still doesn’t correct the problem on adding harmony in smartthings.

i can also confirm this, still broke :frowning:

You guys might want to implement the workaround using virtual switch as explained in this thread below.
It works great for now…

Continuing the discussion from Harmony Smart Control vs Harmony Home Remote Control - Difference?:

@ashutosh1982 That can work for only for set of users who had added their harmony hubs before the integration broke, We belong to the second set of users who CANNOT even add the Harmony Hub to SmartThings. So, what virtual switch? :wink:

@smart if you add harmony to IFTTT, you can create virtual ST switches then have IFTTT trigger harmony actions based on the virtual ST switch. I’ve been using that as an acceptable workaround to do basic things like turn my TV/Cable/Receiver on in the AM and off when I go to bed. It usually works within seconds

@kevintierney So, basically…

I have the following channels on IF

1. Harmony
  2. SmartThings
  3. IFTTT

I create a virtual switch in ST and expose it to IFTTT. Now what? This the part I am being dumb about. My Harmony Home along with its actions are not recognized by ST at all. As far as ST is concerned I do not have a harmony hub at all. What am I missing here?

@smart See the snapshot below from IF --> I have set up a Virtual switch called “Virtual: Hear Music” - In SmartThings, I set up a Hello Home event called “Hear Music” which will turn this virtual switch ON. On IFTTT, I have set up a recipe that IF “Virtual Switch” is ON, then trigger “Activity Hear Music” on Harmony. Alternately , you can make another recipe to end the activity when the same switch is turned off. For me it works great and the delay is barely noticeable. Hope this helps. Thanks to @kevintierney for showing this work around to me.

1 Like

@smart

1. Create New Recipe
  2. IF - > ST -> Switched On
  3. Choose your virtual switch & click create trigger
  4. That -> Harmony -> Start Activity
  5. Select your activity
  6. Create Action

Couple of examples
I have a switch called harmony off (Step 3) that calls the power off activity (Step 5)

I also have virtual switches that call HH actions (using the big switch app). When I press HH Good Morning (Step 3), I have a IFTTT recipe to start the Watch TV Activity (Step 5)

1 Like

@kevintierney @ashutosh1982

I give myself the dumbest person alive award in this community. Created it. Will test once home. Bet will work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another new firmware version for har. hub…doesn’t fix…

Their QA process leaves a lot to be desired. I got “Download Failed” on all 3 of my hubs, but now my version shows the 4.3.48. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact I updated the firmware remotely though the cloud…

@kevintierney Have you noticed lately (since the new firmware upgrade) the Harmony Hub has been acting weird when controlled via the virtual switch through SmartThings/IFTTT interface? For me It turns on then when I turn off, it turns back on immediately. A friend of mine is using the same set up and he is having the exact same issue. Did this occur to you as well.

This Harmony Hub is killing me. Any other product there that can replace Harmony? Its just too much to make it work properly.

I suspect it is the same issue that other button devices are having. This fixed it in my seven button controller:

@ashutosh1982 Yeah, I noticed a few weird issues like that earlier in the week though it hasn’t happened since then

I tried it couple of days back only to realize that TV was on in the mornings and at odd hrs without doing anything to the virtual switch. I dropped the idea.

I just had a weird issue where my TV went off and on several times. Nothing in the ST logs, but see it in the IFTTT app log. Wonder if they are having issues

@kevintierney i have experienced this as well. Not sure if its the ifttt and harmony cloud interface.

Has this been fixed yet?