Halo Smart Smoke Detector

Correct, there are no other interconnect smart smoke detectors between old smoke detectors. But this was to be the game changer, right now the unit does sound out when it is triggered by the interconnect, so it clearly can send its “smart” notifications to whatever it wants if it was so written to do it. Its not a hardware limitation is what I’m saying. Good to hear that they implemented this into the halo app, hopefully soon it’ll be in smart things as well. Most people ARE using them with existing detectors, thinking that halo was going to alert them to a fire while away from home but because the halo wasn’t the one that detected the fire First, it told no one, even though the halo itself was sounding off with the rest of them.

Obviously with us being on the smartthings forums, i think most of us wanted that smart things integration, I thought originally this was going to have zwave, I wonder why the switch to zigbee unless I’m mistaken. Anyways I guess I’ll be waiting for the SmartThings update to support that, is there some Halo forum or release notes on firmware changes so I can keep an eye on it. :slight_smile:

Their Indiegogo campaign only talks about WiFi and Zigbee. Personally I’m glad they’re using Zigbee because my experiences with zigbee have been much better than zwave the last couple years.

In my discussions with Halo they indicated in email that their firmware updates will also update in ST but just a few days later than in the Halo app.

These are currently $10 off at Lowe’s. So with a $15 off $50 coupon, down to $75. I went ahead and grabbed one. Can’t wait to get it installed!

2 Likes

So I tried to order 3 of them and it changes the quantity to 1. Has anyone else been able to order multiples of them? Cheers!

Could be the max your local store or distribution center has on hand

I’ve tried pulling from stores from Texas to Alaska and it seems to be the same thing. I checked one store and it showed they had 5 in stock. Added them to my cart, selected parcel shipping and then it said there was only 1. So strange. I’ve got 6 of them to buy in total and I hate to have to do it one by one. Especially when I’ve got a $50 off $250 coupon. :smiley:

yeah, Lowe’s is known to restrict you to inventory in your local distribution center when using parcel delivery, so i’m guessing that is it.

Good to know. Thanks!

Yup, exactly what @Automated_House said. I had to call their customer service number to order more than 1 from another location.

Interesting. I just picked up the 1 that I was able to order from my local Lowe’s. I asked the guy how many they had in stock and he said I got the last one. I asked when they would have more in, he checked the computer and said they weren’t ordering them anymore. Maybe it’s just my Lowe’s that’s discontinuing them.

Wow, I wonder if they had a falling out with Halo? I’ve replaced all of mine now, and I really like these, and so does my wife.

We use the ones in common areas and hallways as nightlights when all lights are turned off and motion is detected. +1 for the WAF.

They are not discontinuing them! :sunny: Should have more stock shortly.

5 Likes

I was like, “How does this guy know?!?”… Then I saw who you were. Haha Glad to know they’re not being discontinued. I’ve got a new house to outfit. I’ll patiently wait for them to get more stock.

Is there anywhere to find the latest firmware version? Want to make sure mine is on the latest before I switch it from the Halo app to SmartThings.

They are available & instock from halosmartlabs.com

Not currently.(submitted the feature request)

Email support@halosmartlabs.com with your acct details and they can let you know.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but does the Halo act as a Zigbee repeater? I have all Z-Wave items and have held off purchasing any Zigbee sensors due to that but figured that if so, Halo would be a good way to start establishing a mesh.

1 Like

I normally would purchase directly from the manufacturer, but I have several Lowe’s coupons I can apply towards my purchase. Thanks for the followup!

Were you allowed to use a coupon code with the order? I’ve got a 50 of 250 to use on the purchase of 3.