GU10 RGB Bulbs in UK - What's out there?

Hi all, I thought I’d start this thread on @JDRoberts advice as what started as some questions on Tuya lights in a different thread started to go more into a general discussion about what options UK peeps have if they are looking for reasonably priced GU10 RGB bulbs which integrate with Smartthings.

So hopefully over time this thread will hold all the options in one place for anyone else looking…

One more thing - I don’t have any of these yet so if people have experiences of how well (or not) they work with Smartthings or any other tips before buying, please do add.

Options I’m aware of at the moment are:

LIFX - WiFi - High price

Philips Hue - Zigbee - High price and require Hue Bridge

INNR - Zigbee - Medium price, integrate directly with ST

Aurora AOne - Zigbee - Medium price, integrate directly with ST

Gledopto - Zigbee - Medium price, integrate directly with ST

Saxby - WiFi - Low price but nothing I can see on this forum about integration with ST
https://www.nationallighting.co.uk/led-bulbs-tubes/led-smart-bulbs/smart-led-gu10/smart-5w-led-gu10-lamp-cct-2700k-6500-rgb-350lm-dimmable-matt-white?vat=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-r71BRDuARIsAB7i_QPB6jsXwsP2jLLd-9L11RUrSYhA6lgBiQsj_eEHgsZwdrGYRz-sA9UaArOOEALw_wcB

ENER-J - WiFi - High price, Smartthings integration unclear
https://www.ener-j.co.uk/products/view/independent-wifi-iot-solutions/wifi-gu10-smart-light-bulb-rgb-w-ww/99210

Veho Kasa - Bluetooth - Medium price but ST integration unclear

Bulbs I found but no integration with Smartthings

Lohas - WiFi - Medium price but use Smart Life app which no longer works with IFTTT so no ST integration

Crompton - WiFi - Medium price but use Smart Life app which no longer works with IFTTT so no ST integration

Ajax Online - WiFi - Medium price but use Smart Life app which no longer works with IFTTT so no ST integration

2 Likes

I’m following a similar thought process in Ireland. Looking at which bulbs are the best. Waiting on deliveries at the moment but I’ll update on my progress over the next while.

1 Like

Hi @freddyq did you ever settle on some gu10s?

I’ve an interesting project ongoing where I am tempted to incorporate a motion sensor and some smart gu10s…

For the use case I initially had in mind I actually used dumb bulbs and a Fibaro Dimmer 2 but for something else in the house I bought the IKEA Tradri GU10 bulb and it’s been rock solid. Plays really well with Smartthings, integrates directly and very reasonably priced. I don’t think they do RGB versions that’s the only downside but I didn’t need that for my purpose.

1 Like

I’ve been searching for affordable and good-quality bulbs for years and I could never find a bub with both of those characteristics. However, a few days ago, I find out a website that sells some great stuff. You can look their bulbs up on Best RGB Smart Light Bulbs | Works With Alexa | WIFI Smart Bulbs, I’m sure you’ll be impressed by their stuff. I’m not usually picky when it comes to stuff around the home, but after all the cheap bulbs I bought started to break down, I realized that it was finally time to take this matter into my own hands. During my search for something good and affordable, I stumbled upon the Vont website.

I’ve been searching for affordable and good-quality bulbs for years and I could never find a bub with both of those caracteristics.

Both of which characteristics? This topic was started simply so that people in the UK/EU could find RGB GU10 bulbs that work with SmartThings. And as noted in the first post, there have been quite a few of those available for several years.

At this point, though, if you can I would just wait a few months. This is exactly the kind of issue that the new Matter standard is supposed to solve—figuring out which smart devices will work with the home automation platform you are using.

It’s very likely that there will be multiple new inexpensive candidates in this device class that will work with smartthings once Matter comes to market and smartthings supports it. :sunglasses: