Gledopto Bulb with Smartthings?

It did not show up as a generic thing. I did a reset (which was successful, it flashed a bunch of times). Iā€™ve tried with both the classic and new versions of the app.

I got a message from the manufacturer saying it does not work with Smartthings, which is strange considering ST should support the ZLL protocol it usesā€¦

Actually, smartthings does not support the ZLL protocol ( zigbee light link) . It uses the ZHA protocol (zigbee home automation).

It may be that that bulb requires ā€œtouch link commissioning,ā€ which the Hue bridge does but the smartthings hub does not. :disappointed_relieved:

So you could probably still connect it via the Hue bridge, which may be why reviewers are saying that it works with smartthings.

Did they say if that bulb works with the echo plus? Because the echo plus uses the same zigbee profile that smartthings does. So if it works with one it should work with the other.

I thought that ZLL defaults to ZHA if ZLL is not present. Youā€™re probably right on the touch link commissioning thing since it doesnā€™t mention being compatible with echo plus :frowning:

So I guess my only option is to buy a hue bridge

ZLL defaults to ZHA when joined to a ZHA coordinator.

But if the device requires touchlink commissioning, it canā€™t necessarily be joined to a ZHA coordinator. This comes up with quite a few devices designed to integrate with the Hue bridge.

Also, the new zigbee 3.0 standard does not require that devices have an alternative join method to touchlink commissioning.

And a zigbee 3.0 coordinator is not required to support Touchlink.

This thread is about the GLEDOPTO bulb. it sounds like you are talking about the gledopto RGBW controller. That goes in a different thread.

Please be careful and check models when adding to discussions or it can get very confusing. Thanks! :sunglasses:

Have you successfully add the bulb to ST? Iā€™m in the market to find the right bulb apart from Hue.

The IKEA Tradfri bulbs work well with SmartThings and are much less expensive than Hue if purchased directly from IKEA. (Donā€™t buy them from Amazon, they will cost almost twice as much.)

The white only bulbs will work just fine. The Colour bulbs which are available in some countries sometimes have some odd colour renderings, but that can usually be fixed with custom code.

The plug-in pocket socket in the tradfri line also works well with SmartThings, but the handheld buttons and dimmers and remotes donā€™t, so donā€™t bother buying those if you are looking for a SmartThings solution.

1 Like

Bought the Tradfri color bulb and ST has no problem detecting it as ZLL RGB Bulb. Also bought another white bulb with round dimmer (p/n 603.569.45) thought that it was similar to the color one. I was wrong. Going to return it and get other model (903.742.69) instead.

1 Like

It will be easier to connect ST with gledopto now in 2020ā€¦

1 Like

The listing for this bulb says compatible with Smartthings but then it also states ā€œCompatible with Zigbee Light Link(ZLL) and standard Zigbee 3.0 protocolā€. So Iā€™m confused - Iā€™ve seen @JDRoberts comment about ST using ZHA and not ZLL which means Iā€™d need something like the hue bridge to add this bulb to ST. Can anyone help clarify?

Probably an old post. Smartthings originally only supported the ZHA profile. And that was true for five years. Then in 2019 they added Zigbee 3.0 support to the V3 hub, and eventually to the V2 hub as well, although I donā€™t think ever to the V1 hub.

They still donā€™t support touchlink, which is optional under Zigbee 3.0. But many zigbee 3.0 Devices will work. In fact, The most recent generation of smartthings branded Zigbee devices are themselves Zigbee 3.0 . :sunglasses:

Ah right, I have a V2 hub so that Gledopto bulb will work with my hub on that basis?

It should for basic on/off, but colour control might require a custom DTH.

OK thank you, and just before I go searching, you donā€™t know by any chance if a custom DTH exists already do you?

Gledopto has an official support video which says you can just use the stock ā€œZigbee RGBWā€œ DTH, but I havenā€™t seen any community members report on that one way or the other.

1 Like

Hi, gledopto just got certification of Smartthings Works Product, so it is okay for gledopto and ST. But it will only find gledopto brand on USA account, thatā€™s weird. I think it is STā€™s setting to different country?

1 Like

I think I will send Gledopto an email to clarify integration with Smartthings. It seems there should be no reason why it shouldnā€™t work but I will check directly with them before buying and testing it.

New Brands/Devices available on the SmartThings Platform (using SmartThings v3 app) In there you can find gledopto brand.

2 Likes

In the new V3 app some devices are region-locked and can only be added if your account location is in a specific country. That was not true with the classic app.