GE Link light bulb issues

It’s a firmware issue in the bulbs that GE have acknowledge and are supposedly working on/have a firmware fix.

Unfortunately even if they do, ST cannot currently do OTA ZigBee firmware updates, they might in the future but not at the moment.

So how would we be able to push out the firmware to the bulbs?

Mine will work for a few days and then stop responding to ST. If I remove and re-add them, they work for a while and then stop responding again. It got to be too much trouble to constantly reset and re-add them so I just stopped using them.

On ST? As mentioned, there isn’t a way. Supposedly Wink can but I haven’t bothered to link up my old Wink hub and I haven’t seen any concrete confirmation that GE has released the firmware that fixes the issue.

The 15 minute trick didn’t work either. Sigh

I realise it’s probably different for everyone but the 15 minute trick has been the most successful to me, though when I say 15 minutes I usually turn it off, forget about it and turn it on after a few hours/next day.

I’ve recovered multiple bulbs on the same circuit that way before as well.

That doesn’t work for me. I have just given up hope.

Any other lights work par38 style with ST?

I have a PAR38 GE Link and it linked to the ST hub just fine. I don’t use it anymore since I swapped out the dimmer controlling the can lights with a GE/Jasco Dimmer.

I have a few jasco dimmers and they are more reliable by far. But as you can see in this thread the GE Link lights were once supported in app then they were pulled and they consistently loose connect to the hub.