GE / Jasco Z-Wave Fan Speed Control 14287 Notification light won't turn off

I have he Honeywell model 39358 of this same controller by Jasco and have also been unable to get the LED to remain off in all modes.
Similar to tmwhite07, I have it installed next to a GE Switch and had no problems getting the LED to stay off.

ON ON ON OFF toggles the mode between LED ON when Fan is On and LED ON when Fan is Off. It is a straight toggle, regardless if I start the sequence when the Fan is On or Off. But I have not found a combo that keeps the LED OFF when the Fan is On and Off.

I’ve also tried using the GE Switch Z-Wave DTH as well as the custom DTH by jscgs350.

Contacted Jasco suggested factory resetting the device, which I did and am still having the same results.

So far, the fingernail polish is sounding like the best option.

This controller does not have an LED Always Off setting.

From Jasco -
“Currently we only offer the manual button press method to invert the LED on the Fan Control. Originally, we did not want to allow any modification of the LED because it was used to determine the fan speed. Many customers requested a feature to add an option to adjust the LED. Instead of adding a parameter we added a button press method because most hubs do not support configuration adjustments. We will probably add a parameter whenever we move our line to S2 and Smart Start which will be sometime next year.”

1 Like

ON ON ON OFF: Best Christmas Present ever! My OCD thanks you! :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks, again, for a helpful topic, guys. I thought I was just going to have to live with one switch that didn’t conform to the LED setting of all my other switches. By the way, I had to return the first fan switch I got from Lowes, wouldn’t switch fan and ST couldn’t see it. Second one works great. This is the first GE/Jasco device I’ve ever had trouble with.

1 Like

Bumping this because it works like a charm. I never realized that you could swap the LED on/off behavior on the GE fan switches. Now they match my Inovellis. (Well, the LED illumination part . . . the color and size, not so much). :thinking:

1 Like

Hi all - I know I am revisiting a very old thread here. Is there any other fix for the GE Z Wave fan control LED indicator? I have now tried 2 switches and neither the setting from the app or the On-On-On-Off sequence will change the light. It is permanently set to ‘off all the time’. Any ideas are MUCH appreciated - thank you!

Have you tried the following Edge Driver. It has a setting for the LED.

Yes - unfortunately that’s the one I’m currently using. I have tried both the ‘stock’ one and that one.

Are you certain you have the correct switch? I have 9 of these switches installed and they all respond to the ON ON ON OFF setting.

The default is the LED to be ‘on’ if the switch is off and I prefer the LED to be ‘on’ when the switch is ‘on’ but off, when off.

I’ve found there is a speed technique to get the sequence to work properly. Make sure you go quickly with no pause or delays… it should be a quick: tap tap tap tap.

The newest GE ZWave fan controller has a firmware bug on the LED. There is an update on Jascos Firmware Github specifically for this issue on the fan controller.

Unfortunately ST doesn’t support OTA updates so you’ll have to find a way to get the firmware to the device such as Silicon Labs Simplicity Studio and a ZWave Coordinator stick

2 Likes