I’m having a difficult time finding a good solution for controlling my garage door and gate remotely. Here is what I have:
- One garage door – 10-15 year old liftmaster.
- One outdoor sliding gate about 50 feet from my garage door. It uses a Ramset 100 operator with external, universal liftmaster RF receiver. So it has a learn button and opens with most universal remotes.
What I want to achieve:
- Have the ability to open and close my garage door from anywhere with an internet connection (phone or computer).
- Have the same ability for my gate, although it closes automatically.
- Monitor the open/close status of the garage door.
- Share/revoke access with people.
- IFTTT support, or at least the ability to do some kind of geofencing where my gate and garage door open automatically as i’m approaching.
I have been looking into the Chamberlain MyQ, Gogogate, avante, garageio, among others. I have not found any of them to be what I am looking for. They all seem flawed in one way or another. I would ideally not want a solution that involves a lot of complex parts that require a very involved installation, but I am willing to tinker a bit if I can get a solution that will be sound and effective.
Any thoughts/suggestions? Thanks!