Forum Thanks

Just a shout out and special thanks to some of community members who have been doing lots of extra work helping helping others with the migration.

DTH MASTERS

You know those “this device has been working fine for years, but now it doesn’t work with the new app“ questions? :thinking:

Special thanks to @erocm1231 , @krlaframboise , @orangebucket , @mwav3 and others who have been doing deep dives into code to try to help people get their devices working again. :tada:

SMARTAPP MASTERS

I know they tried for parity, but we also all know that some features are missing from the new V3 app. :disappointed_relieved:

Special thanks to @johnconstantelo , @Mavrrick58 , @tonesto7 and others who have helped provide free code to make up the gaps. :tada:

And not forgetting those developers who have paid license offerings and have worked to help people understand what alternative options there are. But that’s a different category.

HOW DO I DO THIS NOW? MASTERS

We would all be lost without @jkp , @Automated_House , and others who have spent lots of time and effort walking people through the features of the new app and how they compare to Classic. :tada:

PROTOCOL MASTERS

And one more category: @HalD , nathancu , JLV and others who have helped explain protocol issues and utilities and their functions in the new environment. :tada:

There are lots more people I could name, except I’ve hit the maximum number of tags in one post. :wink:

So to all of these and many others, thank you again for making this one of the most helpful and interesting home automation forums on the inter-webs. :sunglasses:

26 Likes

Also, as always, my personal thanks to my techie helper Mark, who frees me from having to try to voice all of those @ names. LOL! :rofl:

And to anyone who thinks you should’ve been on the list in the first post, of course you should’ve been, but we’re only allowed to include 10 user names in one post. Your contributions to the community are still very much appreciated. :tada:

13 Likes

Thank you so much @JDRoberts. And I want to thank you for all the wonderful advice and help with everything. We would be lost without you!

7 Likes

Thank you @JDRoberts, but a big thanks needs to be extended to you too! You’re a significant contributor to this community and have helped and educated countless of us.

4 Likes

Thanks, but I am contributing less and less these days. I can’t use the new app by myself, and I use the platform for fewer devices and use cases.

But I do still follow the protocol topics and I am happy to help point people to other places/people in the forum who might be able to help with a specific question. It’s one reason I am so appreciative of the really major contributions that people like you and others are making during the migration. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Mark and you JD are the heart, soul and knowledge base of the community, thanks to both of you for your massive input

I doff my English bowler hat to you both Sir, ( we all wear them and carry umbrellas, it’s the law :crazy_face:)

3 Likes

Thanks for the thanks, @JDRoberts.

2 Likes

Thanks for the shout out @JDRoberts and I really appreciate all the times you’ve helped me figure out random SmartHome related things…

1 Like

7 Likes