Ford Taurus Homelink Visor Integration

I used the below to successfully integrate the garage door buttons into smartthings. I now can disarm and unlock the house when arriving home.

ELENKER DC 12V 10A Relay
2A 24W Power Adapter Supply
ECOLINK DWZWAVE2.5-ECO

2 Likes

Brand and model of the sensor? ( some models have dry contacts and some don’t, so people usually want to know which you are using. :sunglasses: )

I bought the first ECOLINK DWZWAVE2.5-ECO dry contact z wave sensors in 2017. I now have 4 of them they work great and all have had the dry contact sensors. They come with both brown and white shells in the box. They can be used as a door and window sensor as well and include a magnet. They also detect tamper when the cover is removed.

1 Like

To be clear - you programmed the car’s built-in buttons to trigger the radio receiver in the relay, right? And the contact sensor is triggering a routine?

2 Likes

Yes the cars built in visor button triggers the ECOLINK DWZWAVE2.5-ECO. The RF receiver comes with a transmitter that you need to program the visor button.

1. Wire everything together so that the ECOLINK DWZWAVE2.5-ECO is NC
  2. Power up the RF receiver with the power adapter.
  3. Press the learn button on the RF receiver and then the included remotes button.
  4. In the car program one of the visor buttons with the included remotes button. Link
  5. Press the learn button on the RF receiver and the now programed visor button.
  6. Set Routine to Automatically perform when the ECOLINK DWZWAVE2.5-ECO opens

I also replaced the antenna wire on the RF receiver with one about two feet long to increase the range a bit. The antenna wire it comes with is about a foot long.

2 Likes

Very cool. I suppose the RF relay might be able to learn the codes from other garage door remotes…:thinking: Keyfob clicker to unlock my front door might be nice to have.

1 Like

I dont see why it could not. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some garage door remotes have what is called a “rolling code“ where it changes. It’s not possible to learn those, which is the point. It’s a security feature. Both the transmitter and receiver have the same encryption algorithm.

BTW, your project looks very similar to the following. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Very much the same. My inspiration came from my previous Dakota Alert 2500 integration.

2 Likes

Right - I assume, since it paired with the relay, the HomeLink has the capability to pair up with receivers with or without rolling code. I know my Liftmaster keyfob remote had different programming options at setup; I’m hoping one of those is also “dumb” and would work with this relay. I don’t have a compelling reason to buy one of these at the moment, so I’m not going to find out, but I’m intrigued by the idea.

1 Like