'Fibaro Z-Wave FGK-101 Temperature & Door/Window Sensor' Full Support Handler

Thank you for getting back so quickly. I kept reading and reading (!) and found where you and another kept testing. I copied the link and it now works AWESOME. I thought that you kept mentioning the lower version but when following your link, it took to a newer version not mentioned in the discussion, but it does work. Thank you so much. I am not worried about the temp color but is there a way to change that?Thanks again and if there is ever anything that us guys that are copying your hard work can ever do to repay, please let me know. Jeff

@Surprisehouse : glad it finally worked Jeff :smile:

I am sorry, but due to limitations forced by SmartThings forums administrators, I am not able to update the first post of this thread, which would have been MUCH simpler than forcing everybody to read it in fullā€¦ backward :frowning:
The only 2 versions of this custom Handler presently available on github are v0.9.5.1 and v0.9.7.2.
The latest should work for all current versions of the FGK-10x / FGDW-002-x, but the one with the most active users is the v0.9.5.1. If you bought the FGDW-002 or a ZW5 (aka Z-wave+) version of the FGK-10x [Firmware >= 3.2], then you MUST use the latest v0.9.7.2 version.

Due to limitations in the SmartThings Handlers programmatic interface, I was not able to find a way to change colors thresholds when you switch from Ā°C to Ā°F.
To do that, as explained in a previous post (one of the 271 onesā€¦ :wink: ), you have to comment lines 109-131 and uncomment lines 132-156 of the v0.9.5.1 Handler (respectively lines 120-142 and 143-167 of the v0.9.7.2 version).

Enjoy !

Hi all

I have 3x FGK-101 attached to pressure pads for my stairs.
They have been in place for over a year working OK in insyalled the ZW5 handler and all appeared ok.
More recently one of the sensors was ā€˜stickingā€™ closed for minutes at a time.

So I have now just changed device handlers to v0.9.7.2 above.
That appear to be working reliably now.

Any ideas what was happening?
Has it been as a result of a hub firmware update?
I am in UK

Hi Nigel,

No idea what happened; welcome in the wonderful world of SmartThings instabilities !
Regarding your 3 FGK-101, if they are ZW5 versions [Firmware >= 3.2], then you MUST use the latest v0.9.7.2 version, as explained above.
Regarding Hub updates, they may occur randomly if you have a v2 Hub (likely in UK); AFAIK, v1 Hubs have not been updated for more than a year.

Anyway, if everything works properly, donā€™t hurt yourself trying to understand every glitch : so many of themā€¦

Hi geegi!

First of all, thanks for your handler. Iā€™m kind of a newbie here, could you please tell me if itā€™s possible to change the main box in your interface so I have the open/close pic instead of the temperature one? I donā€™t have the temp sensor installed.

Thanks in advance!

ĆĆ±igo

Hi ĆĆ±igo,

If you modify my custom Handler, you can have different reports on the mobile App : the lines to modify are lines 119-182 of the latest v0.9.7.2 Handler.
The developers Tiles documentation is there.
If you are not familiar with programming, I would however suggest that you abstain since the SmartThings environment is way too much quirky and you may end spending way too much time for a little enhancement.
YMMVā€¦

Note also that since you do not use the temperature sensor, you could as well modify the Tiles section of the SmartThings FGK-10x standard Handler (the one used by default when you first pair a new FGK-10x to your Hub).

Have fun (?) :wink:

Hi geeji,

Thanks! Iā€™m familiar with programming, just havenā€™t touched it since
university :slight_smile: I could have spend more time knowing where to touch but itā€™s
much easier when you ask the one who knows!

I will touch it and see if I donā€™t break anything. Thanks again!

IƱigo

escribiĆ³:

Working perfectly!

Thanks!

IƱigo

Hello, I am fairly new at smartthings but was very interested in also monitoring the temperature in my fish tank. Iā€™ve read most of the posts above but still donā€™t quite understand how to implement everything. Sorry, need step by step instructions. So I have bought the Fibaro door sensor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P2QAR8C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and the temperature sensor

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KLZQ0P8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Please let me know first if I bought the right things. Second, I am not quite sure how to install the handler. Is there a step by step instructions I can follow? And to confirm, I would attach the sensor first, then install the handler in the IDE page for smartthings, then find the sensor on smartthings app?

Also, this would make it so I can see the temp constantly on ā€œmy thingsā€ in the app, and I can make it so if it changes drastically in temperature it can notify me?

Thanks everyone.

Hi Jerrin,

Yes, the versions of the Fibaro FGK-101 and of the DS18B20 waterproof sensor you bought seem correct.
Step by step :

1. connect the DS18B20 waterproof sensor to the Fibaro FGK-101 following the instructions inside the FGK-101 package; for the wire colors correspondence with the FGK-101 connectors, there are several posts above in this same thread;
  2. remove the battery isolator;
  3. pair the FGK-101 with the SmarThings Hub (connected to the Internet, with a non flashing green light) following SmartThings instructions;
  4. using the IDE, replace the default SmartThings handler by my custom ā€œJJā€™s Fibaro FGK-10x ZW5 Handlerā€.
    Instructions for this replacement are given in previous posts, for instance this one;
  5. wake up the FGK-101 several times (clicking+releasing the tampering switch at the bottom) and wait about 1mn for the Handler to auto-configure itself;
  6. you should then see the FGK-101 in the SmartThings mobile app among your ā€œThingsā€.

Only steps (1), (4) and (5) are specific to this FGK-101 custom handler; the others steps are identical to any other Z-wave Thing which can be paired to SmartThings.

I know it is a looonnnnnggggggg thread, but the answers to most of the questions or problems you may encounter have already been given, sometimes several times.
So please take the time to read this long thread IN FULL, before posting a duplicated question.
Have fun !

1 Like

Alright geeji, thanks so much for taking the time again to reply! This will definitely get me started.

Is there a way to pin this to the top? This is great.
Fred

Hi Fred,

If you mean edit the first post of this thread to include some step-by-step instructions, it is unfortunately impossible since SmartThings does NOT allow edition of too old posts.

Sorry

Hmm looks like the one I bought is the fgdw-002. I know they changed their name but when I open the cover, I have to first pry the chip from the plastic holding. And I donā€™t think it has any connectors for the ds18b20. Iā€™m gonna have to return and hunt for an older version I assume. Can anyone confirm?

Unfortunately, the FGDW-002 has an integrated temperature sensor, and lost the 3 internal connectors which allowed the connection of a remote waterproof DS18B20.

It is curious, because the Amazon link you provided a few posts above and that I checked DOES look like an ā€œoldā€ FGK-101, which has a different packaging from the new FGDW-002.
Zooming on the right of the box picture, you can even see ā€œFGK-101ā€ written, although it is NOT in the item description. And the October 13, 2017 Amazon customer review clearly refers to an external DS18B20, which is only compatible with the FGK-101.
But I suppose ā€œThe Smartest Houseā€ seller may have received new FGDW-002 stock without bothering to update its Amazon page.

Note that, as explained above, 2 versions of the FGK-101 have been sold by Fibaro, with only the latest one supporting the better performing Z-wave+ (aka ZW5 or ZW500) . Both versions work with my custom handler.
At this minute, there are several new FGK-10x for sale on ebay.com; beware you get the proper 908.4 MHz US version.

Ok Iā€™m having some problems. Sorry for bothering you again.

1. I have installed the ds18b20 to the sensor FGK-10x according to previous posts.
  2. Connecting it to smartthings I will have this error "The sensor failed to complete the network security key exchange. If you are unable to control it via Smartthings, you must remove it from your network and add it again"
    Removing and connecting again always says the same thing. I am within 1 foot from the hub.
  3. Even tho it has the error, it still saves and displays the open picture and battery life. Putting the magnet near the sensor does NOT close it, so it seems like thatā€™s not working or updating, but it display in ā€œmy homeā€ in the app.
  4. And just to see if the handler would work anyway, I go into ā€œMy Device Handlersā€, Create a new Device Handler, go to ā€œFrom Codeā€ tab, Copy pasted your handler you sent me, saved and published ā€œfor meā€
  5. And thatā€™s where Iā€™m at right now. When I go to ā€œMy devicesā€ tab, am I suppose to see anything there? All I see is ā€œYou donā€™t have any devices. Add one now.ā€ Am I suppose to add one?

Sorry for being so new at this but I really want to see my temperature in my fish tank via smartthings. Thanks a bunch.

update: Ok I was on the wrong IDE website. Found the right one, I see all my devices, I add JJā€™s fibaro for type, version is self published, location is home, however, the device network id is blank. What do I put there? Or is it supposed to be automatically added in there arleady? Im assuming it did not pair correctly then

The error you got in step (2) is unusual, but I suppose it could come from a firmware update of your v2 Hub.
First, you should check that my custom Handler is properly installed.
Within the IDE :

1. goto My Devices / Device List / <your_FGK101>

2. in the ā€œShow Deviceā€ window for <your_FGK101>, you should see :
    Type JJā€™s Fibaro FGK-101 Handler
    Version Self-Published
    Current States

• temperature: xx.x C
    • battery: xx %
    • alarm:
    • tamper: active
    • reportASAP: 0
    • forcedWakeUp: 0
    • ZW5set: 1
    • ZW5: 1
    • Configured: 1
      =>if you donā€™t, please post a screen copy of what you actually get.
  3. open a ā€œLive Loggingā€ window before repairing and switching to ā€œJJā€™s Fibaro FGK-101 Handlerā€
    => post what you get on <your_FGK101> during the first minute

Note that sometimes, after something went wrong, unpairing + repairing is not enough : you also have to reset the Device after unpairing and before repairing, following instructions in the FGK-101 manual.

Update : if ā€œDevice Network Idā€ is blank, the pairing process is NOT complete.
Remember that you have to wake up the FGK-101 (using the tampering switch at the bottom) to complete the pairing process.

2018-01-12

2018-01-12 (1)