'Fibaro Z-Wave FGK-101 Temperature & Door/Window Sensor' Full Support Handler

@geeji

The Sensor 2 seems to work out the box with the ZW5 handler with the exception that the colours do not seem to change with temperature. I do not have the older versions of the sensor so cannot confirm if it works ok with other sensor versions.

Also and more importantly (as James @Townsmcp asked above) is it please possible to change he main tile and to display OPEN/CLOSED in the list of Things against the sensor. As this is the primary function of the sensor I personally feel that this is the info that should be displayed. If you and others feel it is important to show the temperature in the list then how about putting the temp value in a Green or Red box to show if the contact is Open/Closed. I am still getting to grips with the code but making such a change is way above my knowledge yet. Would also be great to add config parameters to the DH so we can make parameter changes from within the app itself.

Unfortunately without displaying Open/Closed in the list I cannot really use the DH as I rely on the list values as I scan down my list of things. Any guidance or help in making the changes are appreciated if you do not have the time to do so yourself.

Finally and I apologise for all the requests, would it be possible for you to add git hub integration to your repository please. Not sure if there are any other necessary steps required but putting the DH’s in a folder named ‘devicetypes’ may be enough.

Thanks again for all your efforts. :grin:

Thanks Robin!

Will give it a try as really need to learn more. I will PM you if I have any issues.

Hope you have a great holiday!

Mark.

EDIT: Worked like a charm! Just changed the Main tile, no need to update anything else.

Also not realised there is no ‘Tamper’ tile or notification, will see if I can get my head round adding that.

@chippie : I am glad you were able to solve most of your customization issues thanks to Robin even before I woke up on my side of the Atlantic ! :slight_smile:
Regarding the color change with temperature, assuming you use °F, the problem is that I have not found a way to code that part of the Handler so that a SINGLE CODE supports °C and °C thresholds values as well as, alternatively, °F and °F thresholds values (depending on some runtime parameter).
To switch to °F, you need to comment lines 120-142, and UNcomment lines 143-167.

Regarding the priority given in my handler Tiles to Temperature reports, it is just because I initially developed this Handler SOLELY to support Temperature Reports. And unfortunately, AFAIK, there is no way to have different Tiles aspects within the same Handler, depending on a runtime parameter.

Sorry about all that, but for obvious reasons I do not wish to support multiple forks of my Custom Device Handler.

There IS a Tamper Alert notification, which SHOULD work whenever you press the TMP button at the back for 5s and then release it.
I suppose there could also be a subTile displaying something like “there_has_been_some_time_ago_a_Tamper_Alert”, but it would not be very reliable, because there is NO WAY to directly query the current state of the TMP buttons : so any “Tampered State” would have to be deduced from a sequence of “Tamper_Alert”->“End_of_Tamper_Alert” events, which would go completely out of sync as soon as the SmartThings platform failed to transmit an event
 which arrives ALL THE TIME :frowning:

I apologize for not being able to include all additional customization requests, but just keeping this Handler running with the exact same functions as 3 years ago while coping with different versions of FGK-10x and SmartThings platform & Hub already takes a ridiculous amount of my time (weeks, not days :-(.
FGK-10x evolutions, Z-Wave evolutions and SmartThings platform evolutions are definitely NOT upward compatible, and sometimes require an almost complete rewrite of the handler (as when migrating to the ZW5 version of the FGK-10x).
And unfortunately, every time I add some nicety to this already too fat Handler ((844 lines !) , I also add more sensitivity to future FGK-10x/SmartThings changes; and as you can imagine, I am not working full time on this
 :wink:

So thanks again to @anon36505037 and the many others who contributed to support of this Handler whenever the problem or question raised was not so easy for me to take quickly care of, for whatever reason.

2 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed reply :grin: and completely understand of course (no need to apologise in the slightest!!!), don’t ask do not get an answer right and of course had no idea it was so simple to change the basics anyway.

I am actually in the UK. I found that for some reason (not investigated fully) that if I use Fahrenheit values then it actually changes the colour correctly. Perhaps the Sensor 2 is reporting naively in °F. Funnily enough it did not work if I commented out the °C section but it did work when I commented out just the Colour code lines in the °C section and added the below from a different DH. Could of course also just be an issue with the colour codes themselves (I believe ST updated them recently) but will have to test a little more. Here is what I added instead of the existing lines under the °C section and it seems to work fine. Very strange though and may be missing something but still looking;
[value: 31, color: “#153591”],
[value: 44, color: “#1e9cbb”],
[value: 59, color: “#90d2a7”],
[value: 70, color: “#44b621”],
[value: 84, color: “#f1d801”],
[value: 95, color: “#d04e00”],
[value: 96, color: “#bc2323”]

I have added a Tamper Tile which actually seems to work and respond very well, have tried to trip it up but have not succeeded. Also added 2 manual Open/Close override buttons and am trying to get the lastOpened status to be displayed on the main tile (multiAttributeTile) but not quite there yet.

I do seem to have a bit of a lag when reporting Open/Close but that may just be ST itself. Not sure if the DH can be tweaked to help there or not. It does mostly seem to respond quicker with a stock DH but again need to look a little deeper and run some proper tests.

When I get time I will try to add the Config section to the DH which may help others in configuring the parameters from the app. At the moment I have used Z-Wave Tweaker to configure a few of them, mainly to have the LED light up on Open/Close as well as Tamper etc.

Thanks again for your time!!!

This is how it looks at the moment:

@chippie : could you please confirm that the FGDW-002 does NOT have the 3 internal connectors which were used in the FGK-10x to connect a local OR REMOTE DS18B20 chip.
The Fibaro Manual for the FGDW-002 does not mention any such connectors anymore, so I assume they are gone.
If so, it is bad news for people who used the FGK-10x with a remote DS18B20 (aquarium, fridge, swimming pool, 
). :frowning:

Correct it does NOT have the Dry Contact terminals.

Personally I think Fibaro will keep both on the market but you never know of course. I did not have any need for the dry contacts and think the Sensor 2 looks much sleeker than the original models but for others the original is probably a better option.

So true, alas! Have one I’ve been looking at as a possible freezer temperature monitor. The FGK-10X sure is a quirky device!

If it were to be discontinued, does anyone know of any other ZWave device with external temperature sensor capability??? :thinking:

I’m very green tot he smartthing programming.
Can some help get my Fibaro Door/Window Sensor ZW5 set to tell me the Temp and when it’s open?

Fibaro Door/Window Sensor ZW5 Device Garage freezer
Name Fibaro Door/Window Sensor ZW5
Label Garage freezer
Type Fibaro Door/Window Sensor ZW5
Version Published
Device Network Id 07
Status ONLINE
Hub Home Hub
Group Garage
Last Activity At 2017-09-07 3:54 AM MDT
Date Created 2017-09-06 6:38 PM MDT
Last Updated 2017-09-07 8:55 AM MDT
Data
serialNumber: h’00000000000091DD
version: 3.2
Raw Description zw:Ss type:0701 mfr:010F prod:0701 model:2001 ver:3.02 zwv:4.05 lib:03 cc:5E,59,22,80,56,7A,72,73,98,86 sec:85,20,70,5A,8E,71,2B,9C,30,84 role:06 ff:8C06 ui:8C06

How was this fixed (same issue as @Townsmcp) I am in the exact state, no matter how many times I reset the device and add to ST. Temp is primarily what I want to work and all it shows is —, connection is correct afaik, 3 leads (green - data, yellow - gnd, red - power). I have excluded and included multiple times, both with and without reset the FGK-107. Also tried the tamper switch and still shows ZW5set false and Configured as false or 0. I am at my wits end, this shouldn’t be that hard to configure.

Difficult to know what is the issue without more data.
You could have 2 problems, one with your temperature sensor, the other with the ZW5-enhanced handler.
First check your FGK-107 firmware version. If <3.2, then you can use the previous version of the handler (link given in one of the previous posts).
Second, use a “bare” DS18B20 instead of your remote one (green for data seems counter intuitive). If this works, your problem is with the sensor.
Remember that if you add/remove a DS18B20 to your FGK-101, you have to unpair+reset it then pair it again from / to the hub (details provided in one of the previous posts).

This is definitely not normal. Configured should show as 1 after 5 minutes or so. Please provide a trace of the initialization period (after handler installation) for your FGK-107.

Hi,

I also have problems with not getting any temperature reading. But I have one question. How do I actually do a proper exclusion of the ZW5 device. I have choosen remove this device in the Iphone app, but when i triple click the button on the device, it doesnt find and exlude the product. I can do a force remove but I don’t think this is a good idea.

Any thoughts?

My firmware 2.05. What handler should I use?

Regards Jon

To un-pair a FGK-10x from the SmartThings Hub, the Device and the Hub must be close enough (4’, 1m) and you may have to repeat the triple click several times before it works. You may also try 4-5-6 continuous clicks, sometimes it helps.
Also, before re-pairing, reset your FGK-10x to factory settings (see the FGK-10x notice).

If you have 2.05 firmware version, you have the pre-ZW5+ version of the FGK-10x, so you can use either the old pre-ZW5+ Custom Handler (v0.9.5.1, 20 December 2016), or the latest ZW5+ version (v0.9.7.2, 9 July 2017), which should also be downward compatible with the “older” FGK-10x.

With both Handlers, the DS18B20 temperature sensor must be (correctly !) installed into the FGK-10x ++BEFORE++ the Device is paired to the Hub and the Custom Handler installed/activated.

Thanks! I will give it a try.

Is this the right way to connect it?

I only used directly connected DS18B20, so I have no information to add to the pictured notice.
But the color coding conforms to the usual convention, so it is probably all right.
Beware that if you first connected the wrong wires to the wrong terminal, you may (or may not) have destroyed the DS18B20 and/or the FGK-101.

It works like a charm now. I just had to reset and connect it to the hub. Thanks!

De nada :slight_smile:
What version of the Handler are you finally using ? v0.9.5.1 or v0.9.7.2 ??

V0.9.5.1 :sunglasses:

Update for the IDE servers list:

Most accounts created in 2016 or after will be on the NA04-USEAST2 or NA02-USEAST1 server, most accounts created in 2015 or before will be on the NA01-USEAST1 server, and UK accounts should be on the EU01-EUWEST1 server. There is also the AP02-APNORTHEAST2 server.

North American Server 1 (NA01-USEAST1) : https://graph.api.smartthings.com (Same as: https://graph-na01-useast1.api.smartthings.com)

North American Server 2 (NA02-USEAST1) : https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com

North American Server 4 (NA04-USEAST2) : https://graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com

UK Server 1 (EU01-EUWEST1) : https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com

Asia Pacific Server 2 (AP02-APNORTHEAST2) : https://graph-ap02-apnortheast2.api.smartthings.com

help. I have been trying to get the Fibaro to read temp and just stumbled upon your handler–installed great. Still don’t read temp but at least there is a spot for it now!!! Three questions: 1) it appears in another language??–how to change that? 2) there is no battery percentage and 3) how to change from C to F once it does read temp?
Thank you and I am very new to this–

No enough information to be sure what is your problem, but here are my best guesses for your three questions:

??? All messages managed by the Handler itself are in English.
If any other languages appears, it comes from the SmartThings mobile application options

There should be if you are using my Handler. Please provide a screen copy of your Device display

It is a SmartThings mobile application parameter; note that the color coding will be wrong for °F, scan the above threads to see how to modify the Handler for °F.