SmartThings Community

Fibaro Things - General

(Ron S) #132

The picture of which angle in the room you installed it. It makes a big difference…

(Acastal) #133

How is the battery life? The Aeon Multi battery life is not so go IMHO.

(Gary D) #134

I’m not sure that the motion sensor’s themselves are to blame for being slightly slower. I directly associated a zwave light switch to the the fibaro motion sensor, and it was MUCH faster to turn on. So, this delay might be something that can be worked out on the server end (or with the v2 hardware.)

This mighy be silly question, but are the standard EU version Fibaro “things” supported by the standard US version of Smartthings hub?

If not, does anyone know where to get US specific versions of Fibaro Universal Dimmers OR CE(EU) version of Smartthings hub?

(Ron S) #137

1: No
2. for US versions of Fibaros, you can try vesternet, asihome or Amazon.

As far as I know.

Just ordered a Fibaro motion sensor. Hopefully, I can adjust this one to ignore my cat and still respond quickly. That has been a difficult balance to achieve so far.

(Jason Simpson) #139

Thanks so much for working on this device, I have added this device to my ST and everything looks great, only I’m not a to configure and then directly on the Sensor. ie disable the LED or customized any other feature. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again for all the hard work

I have a couple fibaro rgbw modules that i cannot get to work with my smarthings hub and I can’t for the life of me find a smartapp to help with this… what am I doing wrong? it looks like many of you are have success with the fibaro module…

(John O) #141

@superdeuter

When you say not working, what is happening? It won’t pair? Turn on /off?

Did you use the device type found at this thread? Fibaro RGBW Controller (DTH link in post 32, police light smartapp link in post 79)

(Joe) #142

@superdeuter

Did you manage to get your fibaro devices to register/pair with the smartthings hub ? I have the Fibaro FGS-221 Double On/ Off Relay Switch and Fibaro FGSS-001 Smoke Sensor and neither can register with the hub. The phone app tells me the hub is ok and can see my phone as a node but thats about it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HRE0MCI/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_2

(Joe) #143

@johnosstyn

You mentioned device type here Fibaro RGBW Controller (DTH link in post 32, police light smartapp link in post 79) by @twack. I have seen this and others mentioned like https://github.com/mellbratt/smartthings by @mellbratt but I cannot figure out how I can add these devices to the smartthings app on my phone (or do I somehow add them to the smartthings hub?)

(Anders M) #144

Hiya,

Accessing the developer site you can add custom device types. You can try creating your own device type and adding my code there, however, it doesn’t support all the features of the hardware and while I had it working at one point I’m not sure the current github code actually works…

YMMV,
A

(JJG) #145

Unless you can find an already developed and reliable “Custom Device Type Handler” for your EXACT Fibaro Device, or are yourself a professional developer already familiar with the SmartThings platform, developing from scratch your own Custom Device Type Handler is not for the faint of heart : you will have to master plenty of barely (or wrongly) documented subtleties for Java/Groovy/Z-wave/IDE/SmartThings/Fibaro, with the added difficulty of separating the bugs in your code… from the (too many) bugs and instabilities in the SmartThings platform.
I spent WEEKS developing my own Fibaro FGK-101 Custom Device Handler, and although its works now reliably, it was not all a bed of roses…

YMMV… A LOT !

(Joe) #146

Thanks @mellbratt and @geeji. It took me a while to realise but I finally seen the developers section and signed in. Very cool how this can be done. Learning as I go but I setup a GIT repo and copied the code from melbratt (is there a way I can link other users git repo since they are public ?).

I read that some fibaro devices are supported

How do I get these to show up in my list of connected devices ?

Also, finally; I spent hours trying to pair my 2 devices to the smartthings hub yesterday but they never connected - should I expect it to finally pair up now that I have the new device types?

This might help as a starting point:

Once a device is on the official compatible list, you can also contact support@smartthings.com and they will help you get it installed. There is also a chat option during business hours: click on Support at the top of this page, then Troubleshooting, then look for a tiny chat window at the bottom of the page.

Also, from your description, my guess is that you need to exclude your devices before you include them to SmartThings. Read the link above first. Then support can help you with the exclude.

(JJG) #148

According to this SmartThings list of compatible devices, hopefully current (?), only 3 Fibaro devices are currently supported :

• Fibaro Door/Window Sensor [FGK-101]
  • Fibaro Flood Sensor [FGFS-101]
  • Fibaro Motion Sensor [FGMS-001]

For anything not on that list, you will have to upload in your own space a “Custom Device Type Handler”, if you can find one already working, or develop your own if not.
FGSS-001 and FGS-221 are notoriously absent from this list.
Note that “supported by SmartThings” does NOT imply ALL functions / parameters of the Device are supported…
Again, if you want a full support, you will likely have to develop your own hack.
And also remember Z-wave frequencies are different in the US (908 MHz) than from Europe (869 MHz) : you will need a US version (NOT a UK=EU version) of the Fibaro Devices, as long as the SmartThings Hub does not offer multi-regions support.
And firmware updates which are automatically uploaded for Fibaro Devices when connected to their proprietary “Home Center” hub will, of course, not be available for upload through SmartThings.

:arrow_up:️ This.

I hadn’t noticed noted the person with the question was linking to the UK Amazon site. The UK and the US use different Z wave frequencies. Although a few European frequency smartthings version one hubs were created for original kickstarter backers, the only version one hubs you’ve been able to buy Since then are using the US zwave frequency. Smartthings has said that they intend to come out with a UK version, but no specific time line.

So at the present time, only US frequency zwave devices can be recognized by the currently sold SmartThings hub.

Fibaro Double On/Off Relay Switch 2x1.5kW FGS221 show up as 2 switches
(JJG) #150

Actually, using battery operated US-version (908 MHz) Z-wave sensors with a SmartThings (US only) hub is fairly easy in any country, especially since the ST Hub power supply is multi-voltage (110-240V); you may need an AC plug adaptor US->your_country thou.
It becomes more complicated for actuators or sensors connected to a non-US 220-240V AC line, but yet needing the US Z-wave frequency (908 MHz) : unless the actuator/sensor comes with a multi-voltage (110-240V) built-in power supply (quite rare for US devices…), you will need a costly step-down transformer (220V->110V) for each AC-connected actuator/sensor.

According to the wiki on ZigBee, the 2.4GHz ZigBee frequency should work worldwide (ignoring the 868MHz [Europe] and 915MHz [US, Australia] other ZigBee bands). Assuming there is no other regional specificities, that may be the simplest way to go for SmartThings early users outside of the US (ignoring other possible negative issues with ZigBee).

Both zwave and zigbee are discussed in the international FAQ linked to above.

Use of other countries’ zwave frequencies may be illegal, you have to check local regulations. Also discussed in the international FAQ.

(Elli) #152

I am at a loss, I’ve tried repeatedly to get the motion sensor to do what you have pictured and can’t