Fibaro Smart Implant

Hello, I’m new to smartthings and the fibaro implant. I’ve uploaded your files wanting to use the contact, but do not have a fibaro hub. How can the fibaro implant be configured as contact using smartthing hub. Many thanks

If you have uploaded all the files into your SmartThings account you should now pair the device with the hub (use the “Scan nearby” function in the SmartThings app and press the pairing button on the implant 3 times).
After the device is paired go to it’s settings page by pressing the 3 dot menu in the app, then press “Select a device” and choose “Alarm 1” or “Alarm 2” or both, depending on which contact you want to use.
A new contact device should now be added to your dashboard (make sure to check the “No room assigned” section as well)

You can find more information about connecting your contact sensors to the implant in the manual.

Thank you for your reply and help. I have loaded only the Groovy files onto my account and set the ‘type’ for the device as ‘contact’ from one of your files. Is this correct.

I shall follow your guide and try again.

Cheers

The type of the device should be “Fibaro Smart Implant”

1 Like

Thank you very much, it works perfectly.

I was a novice, now I’m a novice with an ‘implant’

1 Like

@ovidiu.pruteanu thanks for the DH. I followed your instructions & managed to convert my old home alarm into a smart system. I’m a noob to smartthings so still learning.

I use the implant output to arm/disarm, & I use both the inputs to monitor the alarm status (armed or disarmed) & if the alarm has been triggered by an intruder.

My questions are:

1. Doth the inputs show as contact switches, is it possible to change the icon to an alarm?
  2. Also is it possible to change the status labels from open/closed to Armed/Disarmed?

Thanks

Hello,
I am using this DH and it works GREAT!

I tried to find an edge driver for the smart implant - I couldn’t find.

@ovidiu.pruteanu - do you have any plan to write an edge driver for the smart implant?

Thank you.

I will start working on the edge driver soon

3 Likes

Currently it is not possible. I will keep this in mind when I work on the new driver.

Thank you so much for this guide, it helped me out a lot! And of course many thanks to ovidiupruteanu for the device handler! Just added a FSI with a DS18B20 for my water heater and seems to work fine!

1 Like

I invested in quite a few smart implants and so am fairly nervous about the upcoming shutdown of groovy!

Do you think an driver conversion will be possible?

Thanks for the great support!!

Any news on a driver for Fibaro Smart Implant. I have tried to write one myself, but have a hard time making it work as expected. Much more complicated than a driver for a Thermostat I made.

I’ll start working on the driver this week.

4 Likes

@Daniele_Ratti has just released a beta version Edge Driver for this device, but it only supports the contact capability. Still, it’s a beginning. I expect you will still want your own version to handle more of the options that your DTH offered, but at least it looks like the foundation is possible. :thinking:

Amazing, thanks so much!

At the moment the implant lacks its functionality in ST. Hope you get a chance to release the driver. Thanx for your effort.

1 Like

The battery of my third Sensative Strips sensor (second replacement) has failed within two years, so I’ve given up and started installing the Fibaro Smart Implant. It’s wired correctly but doesn’t fire up. It is getting the correct voltage and plenty of current. Even so, I don’t believe it’s supported in ST anymore. Cmon man. Where are the dinosaurs?

I’m assuming it won’t light up at all if it doesn’t sense a Zwave network? Or should I find a wall wart with even more juice (the one I bodged here is 18 VDC 200 mA) first? Is there an Edge driver for the Smart Implant that will read the DS18b20 inputs? Or should I bin yet another piece of gear deprecated by the Edge switchover?

Any other ideas for any reliable device that can read the DS18b20 sensors I have now, and can send that data to ST wirelessly??

Found an old Qualcomm 12 VDC 2.5A wall wart, paired in seconds with this one! The internal temperature sensor is about 20°F off (ie the other sensors in different parts of my garage are between 14 and 18°C, the Implant is reading 26.7°C!), and of course there is no reading of the external DS18B20 sensor, which should be showing -7°C. Looks like I’ll be switching this to my barely-used HE ecosystem, which will mean switching over the other sensors as well as the Aeotec 40A switch for the garage heater, and coming up with a piston. Ugh. All of this should be easier.

ETA: I guess it’s all moot anyway, with the SmartaApps shut down today. All my automations in the garage were based on pistons and I really don’t have the energy to try to migrate them over to the app automations interface somehow. HE RE it is.

Trying to exclude the crappy Sensative Strips Comfort. Couldn’t get the LED to light up with the magnet, so I guess I have to force delete it. Just head to the device in the IDE, delete, then do a Zwave repair from the app?

FWIW, the Fibaro Smart Implant is running perfectly (on HE) with two cheap Chinese DS18B20 probes, one mounted outside in a LaCrosse Technology Sensor Protection Shield, the other inside the garage on the other side of the wall (where the Implant is located and plugged in to house mains).

1 Like