Fibaro Roller shutter 3 (FGR-223) Calibration problem

Hello guys,
can you help me with the calibration of my FGR-223. For some reason few of my curtains didn`t pass the calibration process after the initial installation and because of that when I press open or close they open on around 5% of the actual length. I tried to put setting 150 to 2 to force the calibration. So when I click save and after that probably I have to hit replace but nothing is happening is timing out after a lot of waiting. Can someone give me some hint how to do the calibration? Also the partial opening on all of the curtains is not working at all.

Which device handler are you using?

Calibration should start once you set 150 to 2 and hit save. There are alternative procedures on page 10 of the manual using either a connected momentary switch or the b button on the device.

I think is the one that you write. [philh30 : Fibaro FGR-223]. I tried with saving but nothing is happening when I pres the replace button and after several minutes is appearing some stupid error saying timeout or something like that.

New app or classic? In the classic app, the DTH has a Calibrate button that should be foolproof, so long as the device is included in your zwave network and behaving like it’s supposed to.

It wouldn’t hurt to try power cycling the device. Since it’s mains powered, the easiest thing will be to flip the breaker.

Im using the classic app for all of the pairings. Thanks Phil. Im going to try that in few hour and let you know what is the status. What have to happen when I press the calibrate button?

The calibrate button sends parameter 150 to the roller shutter, forcing callibration. It should make the shutter cycle through full open/close. If you do it with live logging open in the IDE, you should see some activity.

If that doesn’t work, and especially if live logging doesn’t show the hub parsing responses from the device, then I’d guess the issue is an overall breakdown in communication between the device and the ST hub. I saw you posted a separate topic on another Fibaro zwave device that’s malfunctioning, so the two could be related.

The configuration is the following. I have 2 rooms next to each other separated by glass door. In the Living room I have 2 Lines of curtains and 2 dimmers. The Curtains works perfectly and one of the dimmer is failing. In the bedroom there again are 2 lines of curtains the 1st like is working fine the 2nd not. So I don`t think is some kind of wireless coverage.

Hello Phil,
this is the log that I got:

8:47:29 PM: debug Dispatch events [name:electric, value:0.00, unit:A, linkText:Завеси Детска - Тънки, descriptionText:Завеси Детска - Тънки electric is 0.00 A, isStateChange:false, displayed:false]
8:47:29 PM: debug Meter report: 1 0 0.00; Shade state: open; Shade level: 254
8:47:29 PM: debug Parsed event: MeterReport(scale2: false, scale: 0, rateType: 1, precision: 2, meterValue: [0, 0, 0, 0], deltaTime: 0, meterType: 1, size: 4, scaledPreviousMeterValue: 0.00, scaledMeterValue: 0.00, previousMeterValue: [0, 0, 0, 0])
8:47:29 PM: debug New event to parse: zw device: 17, command: 3202, payload: 21 44 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
8:47:28 PM: debug Dispatch events [[name:switch, value:on, displayed:false, linkText:Завеси Детска - Тънки, descriptionText:Завеси Детска - Тънки switch is on, isStateChange:false]]
8:47:28 PM: debug Updating switch state to on
8:47:28 PM: debug Updating contactSensor state to open
8:47:28 PM: debug Updating windowShade state to open
8:47:28 PM: error Завеси Детска - Тънки requires calibration. Position of 254% reported.
8:47:28 PM: debug Switch multilevel report: 254; Shade state: open; Shade level: 254
8:47:28 PM: debug Parsed event: SwitchMultilevelReport(value: 254)
8:47:28 PM: debug New event to parse: zw device: 17, command: 2603, payload: FE FE FE
8:47:28 PM: debug Parsed event: SwitchMultilevelReport(value: 254)
8:47:28 PM: debug New event to parse: zw device: 17, command: 2603, payload: FE FE FE
8:47:27 PM: debug other event ApplicationBusy(waitTime: 3, status: 1)
8:47:27 PM: debug Parsed event: ApplicationBusy(waitTime: 3, status: 1)
8:47:27 PM: debug New event to parse: zw device: 17, command: 2201, payload: 01 03
8:47:27 PM: debug New event to parse: zw device: 17, command: 2201, payload: 01 03
8:47:26 PM: debug Configure roller shutter - Shade state: open; Shade level: 254
8:47:18 PM: debug Synced - Shade state: open; Shade level: 254
8:47:15 PM: debug Send configuration parameters [7004970101, 700597]
8:47:15 PM: debug Sync roller shutter - Shade state: open; Shade level: 254

That’s odd - the roller shutter is responding to the calibration command by saying that it’s busy. It’s responding to other zwave commands though. Some options you can try:

• Try the Calibrate button again
  • Power cycle and try the Calibrate button again
  • In the device tab of the IDE, click to edit preferences, then change 150 to 2 and hit save
  • If you have a button wired to the roller shutter, try forcing calibration with the button. Press and hold the button for 3+ seconds three times (see page 10 in the Fibaro manual). If you don’t have a button wired in, there’s another method of forcing calibration described on page 10 using the b button on the device.

Thanks for your help. You can`t imagine what was… the motor was too small and because there is a curve of the curtains is stopping there. I changed the motor did the manual calibration via the B button and everything is fine now. The only thing that is not working is the partially open/close for some reason is not working.

Hello,

Allow me to jump in this thread.

First of all. Phil thank you for sharing the DH for Fibaro Roller Shutter 3. Perhaps you will be able to advise me what to do with issue I’m facing.

Similarly to Gushtera, I’m not able to half close/open the shades. It seems that I can only get them 100% opened or closed. In addition the graphics and status of the shades (open/closed) is not changing every time.

Is there anything I can do in the settings to address those issues?

Regards,

hi all hopefully not highjacking ,
but have calibration problem as well ,
all hooked up and working manually via switch or through app ,
connected a projector screen , has no limit switch at the top ,
does stop at the bottom though ?!
can’t use the auto but timed it at 32.46 seconds
so put this in at 156+ 157 ,
but wont stop closing
tried changing the times but no go ,
any help greatly appreciated