Fibaro CO sensor connects as motion sensor instead of home environment

The co sensor is not in the list of new things in the app. I should expect it in the Home Environment category. When adding the device, SmartThings selects the z-wave plus motion /temp sensor thing type. Why is this?

Tagging @Tyler

The Fibaro CO Sensor is not a supported device. I’m not surprised it doesn’t work.

It’s a certified Z wave product, so normally it would be expected to work with any certified Z wave controller at least at the basic level. Is there something unusual about this particular device?

I know there was an issue in the past with the hardwired Fibaro smoke sensor, but I’m not sure I ever heard the details of that problem.

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/2336

It’s not available in the US, and it doesn’t fingerprint as a simple CO sensor. Most importantly though, we don’t have a generic DTH for just “CO Sensor”. Maybe by the end of the year :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for replies and info. The Fibaro smoke sensor connection is Okay. I would expect similar DTH. I’ll wait and see.

2 Likes

Same issue for me here. The Fibaro smoke sensors work nicely with SmartThings but the Carbon Monoxide sensor seems to get detected as a Motion/Temperature sensor. Has anyone been able to hack together a device handler for it?

+1 … it would be great to have a DH for this one

Yes, it’s crazy that there is no support by Smartthings and no device handler for one of the biggest names among smart home systems!

Guess there is a little hope in the answer I received from Fibaro today :

From information I have just received from Development Department handlers are under development at this moment. To be honest, I can not specify any time details here. I kindly ask for your patience in this regard.

Is there an update on the Fibaro CO Sensor ZW5’s integration with ST? It is still only recognised as a temperature sensor and not a CO sensor. For instance, in the ST classic app, when I try and setup a smart home monitor using the Smoke category, the Fibaro co sensor is not shown despite being correctly added to ST. I also manually added the FibarGroup : Fibaro CO Sensor ZW5 device handler downloaded from GitHub to see if it would make a difference but it didn;t. Any help or update on the situation would be very welcome.