Eufy Integration

Hi all,

There’s a dire lack of camera support especially after Google killed off Works with Nest and the Smartthings cameras aren’t available within the UK.

There’s interest elsewhere on the internet about integration between Smartthings and Eufy. It’s one thing holding me back from investing in some of their cameras, especially the Hub which requires no additional subscription, unlike Google.

This there anything in the pileline in regards to getting integration with Eufy and other Camera systems. Even better if the link to Google Nest products would be supported by default in Smartthings.

2 Likes

Since smartthings published their API last year it is now the responsibility of the device manufacturers to create and maintain integrations with smartthings. So you would need to request an integration from Eufy. :sunglasses: Same with Google.

https://smartthings.developer.samsung.com/

Thanks @JDRoberts, I had a feeling they pushed the responsibility onto the third parties. It’s a shame as the only compatible cameras in the UK are Arlo. Previously I used to have my Nest and Samsung Smartcam integrated into the Classic App but I now have to use their native apps as they are no longer supported.

1 Like

Someone over at ioBroker and HA have cracked this and have access to a full feature set. I am not that savy to convert the code to Smartthings but hopefully someone here would be willing.

Then there is bad news…

anyone able to use that hass eufy integration to make a device handler for smartthings?

Eufy has a new Security System rolled out recently, using Homebase 3. They call it “Eufy Edge Security”… Does anyone know whether this system’s namesake has any connection to SmartThings’ new upgraded system?

No. There is no correlation between the two

Ok :ok_hand: i saw it?

Eufy is able to give alerts to home assistant through Mqtt so that’s probably the best chance of getting it to work with SmartThings. I think recently there have been talk of devices using mqtt with SmartThings but I have no idea how to set it up with eufy.

Fortunately, I got rid of Eufy a year or so ago, and now strongly recommend removing the system if you own one.
I’ll likely remove Smartthings from my smart home ecosystem as well after the death of Groovy, due to the incompatibility of WebCore.

1 Like

Still no direct integration as far as I’m aware. Something like Home Assistant might be the best bet, particularly if you were looking to set up automations between devices

for eufy security, things are not going well in home assistant too…