This is a thread to track the problems I’m having with my RGBW ZigBee bulbs as they occur and see if anyone else has the same problems or has a fix.
I have 3 bulbs setup on a Hektar lamp shade.
The Bottom one is linked to “The Big Switch” smart app. This in turn sets the colour and brightness of the top and middle ones.
I use Gentle wake-up to control them in the morning but the problem has occurred at different hours of the day.
I have two 5 button IKEA remotes set up for some preset brightness and colour options.
Problems I’m having:
- Bulbs get stuck in a brightness loop -I have to kill “The big switch” or power cycle to stop the light show.
- Bulbs random change colour while on.
- Bulbs occasionally turn on, on the their own.
- Full range of colours is not available - some shades of green give me white.
I’m fairly convinced “The Big Switch” is responsible for the 1. The lack of a functional light grouping routine means I’m going to have this for a while.
- To 4. I’d be interested in other people’s experiences.