Err 101 - ZW module not responding

Ditto… It appears everything is working for me as well or may be I don’t pay attention anymore. :wink: My 2016 resolution is Home Improvement and not Home Automation this year. :frowning:

Missus wants me to watch Downton Abbey premiere in 5 minutes and I am sheepishly following her… That’s going to be my 2016! :wink:

1 Like

Jason, sorry buddy! Hope it all works out well.

1 Like

Well, with the problem levels that have been going round, and the amount of lack of problem I’ve been having, it was bound to happen.

Plus, I’m pretty sure this was my own fault.

I was excluding some Leviton plug-ins and GE outdoor modules… Well, I got impatient. Also, I replace a GE outdoor module with a Leviton plug-in dimmer…

Stupid

I think that is a pretty good plan. You don’t have to remove any apps if you’re going to nuke it. You could just go straight to step 2. Leave it unplugged and then use you minimote to go exclude everything.

When you go and include things, include your infrastructure devices first (switches, plugs, etc). Do a factory repair every few devices or so (it will go really fast at first). Then do all your battery powered devices after that. Do a few repairs at the end and make sure its all nice and fast before you start redoing your apps.

Repairing the SmartApps is such a drag, and likely the worst part of the process. I think you might be able to reset the hub and set it up as a new location. That way, you can go into your IDE and see your old SmartApps still, so you can rebuild and not have to do it from memory.

Best of luck. Make sure you have a lot of points with your significant other before you start.

Kristopher

1 Like

Thanks.
That’s a great idea. I’ll rename the location to something different, in case it overwrites the location.

I’m going to use the minimote for the exclusion process, hopefully it works. I’ve been having trouble with it working so far.

I usually do a zwave repair after adding 2 or 3 devices.

That’s pretty much what I have done couple of months ago. But I only added the local devices. I left out any connect apps at first. And then a week or so later I started adding them back, one at the time. Very slow and easy. Just this week I added back Wemo and Sonos. First to go in was Hue, Harmony, Echo.

Unbelievable! I can’t delete the location… I keep getting an “unexpected error has occurred” on both Android and ios.

What the hell do I do now?

Go to IDE. …20 char

1 Like

For this part, if Support is there, please ask them to do so, so that you start with a clean slate.

@bamarayne don’t waste your time. I asked them when I migrated they confirmed they did it, but it wasn’t removed until I did it myself couple of weeks later!

I got it. I had to delete all of the apps and all of the devices first. Then I deleted in the ide.

The Minimote made resetting all of the devices easy, took about 20 minutes.

Now if I can just get them readded with the Minimote… Bus it’s not wanting to work

To use the minimote to include, it has to be itself included to your hub first, and then you have to hope you don’t run into a current known bug which is affecting some users (but not all).

thread about the bug:

Jd, this is exactly what was up with my hub before it was reset. The zwavesucid was 00

I just used the app to redo all of the devices so far. It was quick. I’m already half way done.

Here’s something interesting…
That red banner error that is so persistent in the Android app…
Well I didn’t see it once, at least not once until I created a room… Now it won’t stop.

It must be related

Well, this hasn’t been that horrible.

The Minimote definitely made the exclusion process a breeze. Though as others have said, the inclusion process isn’t that smooth with the v1 Minimote. I found it faster just using the app.
The while exclusion process took about 20-30 minutes.

I ran a Zwave repair after the first 15 devices and that was done in a couple of minutes.
I did this after every 15 devices and so far everything is great.

I haven’t finished all of the devices yet. I have integrated the hue hub and Alexa back already, no problems there.

The biggest pain was resetting the iris zigbee contact sensors, that’s a real pia.

This has given me a chance to streamline and clean up my smart app functionality, so I’ll take that as a bonus.

Overall, not too bad for a 60 device system.

Edit:
I really wish I knew what caused this problem. I’d like to know if it was the Enerwave motion sensor or where I was removing the plug in modules from the system.
I can say this though, I will only remove devices uses the Minimote and the ide from this point forward. Much cleaner than using an app that keeps throwing unexpected errors during the process.

1 Like

my app has red also constantly
in addition my zwave repair will not finish says device 33 is not responding.
well I don’t have a device 33 in the devices… I ordered by device.

I have emailed support, but no response other than the stock… we have gotten your email.

I believe they are having database corruption again.

Luckily my devices are working for a moment… my garage door (wired) was not responding but I rebooted it.

This is probably a “ghost” z-wave device. These can happen when you exclude a z-wave device, and it isn’t erased from the hub’s list of z-wave devices. You can determine this from the logs when you reboot the hub. Once a ghost like this exists, it will usually stick around for a very long time, and show up whenever you do a z-wave repair. It will not interfere with the normal functioning of your z-wave network beyond that. This most likely is not a database corruption issue with the backend.

1 Like

wouldn’t this show up in the list of hub devices in the ide. as I said it is not there.

No, they don’t show up in the IDE at all. The IDE thinks the device was deleted. The hub has its own list of z-wave devices.