Enphase with estimated capacity

This is my first attempt at a Smartthings device driver. I used Ronald Gouldner
driver and modified it slightly to show a tile’s with Enphase estimated capacity and a percentage of the days power generated.

You will need to enter a value for each month. You can get that information by going to the Enphase Web site for your array. Under the settings page you will see a “Array Details” Click on that. Enphase provides a monthly capacity estimate based on Panel type and Age, Longitude, Latitude and other factors. Take the monthly value and divide that by the number of days in the month. This should give you a Daily estimate.

For example my monthly capacity for December is 293.1KWh, or 9.4548Kwh per day. for June’s its 472.9KWh or 15.7633KWh per day.

This is screenshot. Of the 2.873KWh generated so far today it is 30.387% of the Enphase estimated 9.4548 KWh for a day in December. And of the Array capacity of 2425W it is currently generating 1761W or at 72.62%.

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have that on my Enlighten anywhere. :frowning:

I had to remove and reinstall my array due to a hail storm. Since I did the reinstall myself, I asked Enphase to grant me installer access, which they did. I cannot remember if I saw the array details back when I had user only access. If you have an installer perhaps they can provide the array details.

Other then that you can look at the “Site Energy Production” reports for the last 12 months and work off of that. Not an estimate but you can compare this year to the previous year. Or average each month production over several past years.

Thanks, Mine is newly installed and turned on last month. I’ll give them a call maybe and see if they can update it.

I assume that you are aware of my Enphase Envoy DTH (which doesn’t have estimates but shows graphs for current and previous day)?

Yes I saw that post. However the API was added to the envoy with Firmware rev 3.9. Mine is rather old v3.7 and does not have the API.

That sucks. Isn’t the Envoy supposed to automatically update its FW? Can you force an upgrade?

I don’t see any way to force an update. And the Enlighten Manager says its up to date. The version is 3.7 the software build date is Feb 05 2016 so it has been updated. Its probably a case where v3.9 does not run on an older Envoy.

I guess there are different hardware revisions with different branches of FW. Mine has R3.12.49 (590f48) (newer than yours) with Software Build Date: Oct 29, 2015 02:56 PM PDT (older than yours).

Bummer. :cry:

Does http://LOCAL-ENVOY-IP/production work for you? That has the same information as the API JSON and would allow for local access as well - I could try to incorporate that into the DTH in order to support older hardware/FW as well…

Yes it does. i have a few perl scripts that screen scrape the envoy production web page. I used the following as a starting point.

Awesome - let me see whether I can cook up something. What happens when you query for http://192.168.2.95/api/v1/production on your Envoy? Do you get a 404 response or an actual response with something else? I’ll try to make this seamless so that the DTH determines what is available without the user needing input…

error 404.

The api was not added until FW rev 3.9 I am still at R3.7.28 (88072d). This is an older Envoy model bought in 2010. Not the newer Envoy-S.

{
“status”: 404,
“error”: “”,
“info”: “Resource /api/v1/production not found”,
“moreInfo”: “”
}

Great - thanks. Did you see my PM with a newer version of the DTH which should work for you then (keeping my fingers crossed!)?

Just saw it. And yes it does appear to be working. Not sure what the kWh/kw is telling me. It would probably make more sense after a full day.

Thanks Very nice this should prove useful.

OK I see its the efficiency. After the hail/squirrel repair my array is odd. Nine M190’s, two M250’s and 1 M215. 10 230W panels and two 265W panels. I will set it for 202W per inverter and 235w per panel.

Yes - it is efficiency and correlates to number of hours of maximum production (depending on where you live this typically averages somewhere between 4 and 5 over the whole year. The idea behind this calculation is that it allows you to compare systems of different sizes to each other.
This number is calculated using the panel size whereas peak production percentage uses the inverter sizes. With mixed arrays using the average value for each is the correct way to get those numbers as meaningful as possible.

Glad to hear that it is working for you and thanks for testing - I guess I can push the changes to Github now :smile: