(EDGE Driver-Mc): Zigbee Temp Sensor and Child Thermostat Mc, Zigbee Temp Sensor with Thermostat Mc

@Mariano_Colmenarejo apologies for jumping into this thread and being a noob; I literally just opened my ST Hub and am trying to get an old Zigbee Thermostat to work with it:

I was hoping to use the generic zigbee thermostat fingerprint from your channel and I also installed all other edge drivers that I believed could potentially work from there (after doing a bit of scrolling here).

Alas, I do not know how to even go about trying to add the device:

• in the ST app, scanning for devices does not turn up anything (at least I have put the device into pairing mode and the app never found anything, not as a thing, not as a sensor…).
  • I was trying to add a virtual thermostat via ST web interface and then tell it which driver to use, but no luck.

Can you (or anyone) maybe shed some light on what the steps to manually adding a device that uses your generic driver would be (with the latest version of the ST app)?

Or am I misunderstanding and you would need to add the actual fingerprint of my device first for it to work, generally speaking?

Many thanks in advance