(EDGE Driver-Mc): Zigbee Light Multifunction Mc

I have one room in my house with 15 downlights. This week I replaced them all with Zigbee dowlights from Aliexpress that I had previously confirmed work with this driver.

I have been having nothing but problems. I have tried the following:

• Control each device individual as part of a routine
  • Create a lighting group that contains all 15 devices
  • Create one mirror group that contains all 15 devices
  • Create 5 mirror groups with 3 devices each
  • Control each device manually.

Regardless of the settings, the devices are functionally unusable. If they respond to a command at all it takes anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds before they start changing, and another 5 to 10 seconds for all 15 to update. I notice that they seem to get “hung up” I may issue 3 commands in short succession with no response (e.g. change to blue, change to green, change to 2700k) and nothing will happen for 30 seconds. Then they will suddenly make all 3 changes back to back. This happens even when I’m only controlling a single light.

I have other Zigbee RGBCCT devices on the hub that are much more responsive, and back when I only had one of these downlights to test it was also much more reliable/responsive.

Am I doing something wrong or am I just running up against the limitations of Smartthings? I accept that the lights will likely never change state in perfect concert, but I need to be able to push the button that turns them on and have them reliably/consistently turn on within 5 seconds

Does anyone have any other suggestions of things to try?