(EDGE Driver-Mc): Z-Wave Edge Drivers and others with FIBARO devices:

Hi @fido

It might be better to put it in the request thread for more people to see.

I will comment this, not for you, for everyone who reads it:

Adding zwave devices to drivers can be more complicated than zigbee.

Zigbee almost all standard devices speak the same language and for the same clusters.

Z-waves, depending on the manufacturer, can send the same information through different command classes and have to use subdrivers, although the defaults usually handle all the posdibilities.

There is also the problem of configuration parameters, which do not exist in zigbee.

That said, I will try to add zwave devices with capabilities that use default handlers and that the driver has a generic profile without parameters in preferences.

Normally the parameters of the device are not changed when uninstalling it from the dth and reinstalling it with a driver.
If you have to reconfigure it, you can use the Z-Wave Device Config Mc driver.
By the way, in the last update of the app they have fixed that the routines are not lost when changing to this driver as many times as you want, I do not know if this will be maintained or in the next update it will be lost again.

Send me the fingerprints and I’ll try as soon as I can

Thank you Mariano, i was confused why there were no threads on the forum with Zwave finger prints being added like zigbee, i thought i was going mad

Would you prefer i DM the details or post in this thread ?

Please, post it in the request for Edge drivers thread, so other users can see it

1 Like

@Cokecan72 or any user that use a fibaro dimmer2

No one has tried this feature request to have different lighting levels programmed with routines, what did I do with such enthusiasm?

Hello

I’m sorry but I dropped ST in favour of Home Assistant as this and a few other issues at the time was making things difficult. I’ve been able to successfully do everything I wanted and more without issue since moving to HA.

Thank you for implementing, but someone else will have to test this.

1 Like

Hi Mariano, I have tested 2 Fibaro ZW5 Motion Sensors with the stock Edge driver. I have five of these around the house, and I literally depend on them for many things… I get temperature readings to set the heating in every room, I use them for lighting when there is motion depending on their own luminance readings, and of course, I use them for security.

So - the thing is this. Ever since joining them to the hub using the Edge drivers, they keep getting into a disconnected state, and there simply is no way to bring it back online other than excluding and re-including them. Very annoying, especially since I have had to move a ton of automations to Routines which are then deleted if the device is removed (unlike Webcore where you at least keep seeing a device ID or similar). Now - this sometimes used to happen with the old DTH too, but not at this frequency. I can’t get them to stay online for more than 2 days each, at a time.

Besides, they still suffer from the same old problem of remaining showing Motion when in fact the motion would have stopped minutes ago. And they remain in Motion forever - that is until someone actually moves in front of them and then finally when the motion stops the hub receives the No Motion signal. This, however, was a problem already present with the old DTH, so not sure if it’s caused by software or just a defect of the device, but something tells me it’s ST as it happens mostly when the hub is very β€œbusy” doing other things.

In any case - do you know if anyone’s come across this disconnection issue? How do I report this issue to Smartthings given it’s currently in Beta? Many thanks in advance.

@Mariano_Colmenarejo
Mariano i still have no colour picker using your driver for the Fibaro 442 RGBW controler, is it a platform issue or a driver issue ? The colour picker is available in an automation just not on the devices control page

Hi @fido,

ColorControl should show, since the profiles and the Vid have the colorControl capability.
Since when does it not appear?
Have you tried my.smartthings.com?

The disconnections can be due to the fact that when exclude 5 devices from your zwave network and include them again, Now devices may not have the best route to connect to the Hub and from time to time they lose the connection.

Try performing Zwave repairs from the Hub’s Zwave menu.
The reconstruction of the Zwave mesh could be slower.

The driver’s wakeUp configuration is set to 7200 sec, which is the default that Fibaro says.

You can do a manual wake up by pressing the B button

You can also try to remove and put the battery instead of excluding and re-including them.

If you see that the motion detection and reset does not work well, try modifying the configuration parameters from preferences or set them to default according to the manual.
To report a malfunction of the Beta driver you can open a thread telling what happens to you by tagging @nayelyz

2 Likes

Thanks… I have been performing Zwave repairs almost daily for the last several days, but will try once more. I have not tried the forced wakeUp from the button - or reseating the battery, will try both those options.

Thanks for getting back to me, and for the advice provided!

Truth be told, I am running around the house with the hub to exclude/include devices as I test devices for Edge compatibility… And that relocation of the hub might be messing up the mesh to some extent, on top of the exclusion/inclusion of repeater devices. So yes, this might be contributing to these devices falling into a disconnected state. I got suspicious as only the Fibaro ZW5 motion sensors that had the Edge driver were affected, whereas the other 3 identical sensors with the old DTH were not. I did have an Aeotec Dimmer that experienced the same issue.

I’ll do everything you suggested and re-monitor to see what happens, many thanks once again.

1 Like

Thanks for replying Mariano, i mentioned it a month or so ago somewhere above in this thread so it has been a while.

I just checked mysmartthings.com and there is even less device control exposed for the device

Hi @fido

Sorry, I found the problem in the multiple tile display VID and fixed it in this version.

Before you upgrade to new version try choosing the simple mosaic profile, here it should work fine as it doesn’t have the wrong VID

Thanks for reporting this.

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚ Name        β”‚ Z-Wave Bulb Mc                       β”‚
β”‚ Version     β”‚ 2022-08-27T16:07:11.072952615        β”‚
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”΄β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
1 Like

Thank you Mariano, appreciate you looking into this

Updated, tried amd tested, colour picker available, thank you Mariano

1 Like

I was making the transition to the edge of these two Fibaro motion sensors ZW5 , but your problems have held me back. If after you stop moving the hub these disconnection problems disappear, write it down please? I prefer to wait for your feedback before creating a headache again :slight_smile:

@Diegocampy - as @Mariano_Colmenarejo said, this could be down to my removing numerous devices on the same day. For example, today I have excluded and re-included 9 Zwave switches, all in the same area as these 2 motion sensors, so really and truly you can’t take me as an example with all the exclusions and inclusions of repeater devices currently going on in my house.

For the record - none of the "soft’ options worked, such as pressing the button and removing/replacing the battery. Ultimately I had to exclude and re-include the motion sensors - with all the headaches (of Routines) that it entails.

So far, today, they seem to have held on. We will see what happens later on, as I intend to start a ZWave repair soon. I will let you know if there are developments.

2 Likes

From what I can tell my version of the RGBW Controller 441 has a different fingerprint from listed above. Can you add?

Raw Description zw:L type:1101 mfr:010F prod:0900 model:2000 ver:25.25 zwv:3.52 lib:03 cc:27,72,86,26,60,70,32,31,85,33 epc:5 ep:['1101 26']

Sorry I forgot add model 2000
Added in this driver version

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”¬β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚ Name        β”‚ Z-Wave Bulb Mc                       β”‚
β”‚ Version     β”‚ 2022-09-07T20:46:59.029996931        β”‚
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”΄β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
2 Likes

Thank you.

UPDATE: Just wanted to confirm that it’s working great. Thanks again.

3 Likes

@Mariano_Colmenarejo

I know you are likely swamped with all the interest you have generated with your drivers so apologies for piling on.

I wanted to see if you could take a look at an issue I raised over on the SharpTools community. Starting with this post:

The bottom line is I am normally able to submit an argument in string format that contains a JSON with HSL info (has to be in string format currently to allow certain functionality in SharpTools). For devices I have currently using DTHs this works. However, when I do the same with your Z-Wave Bulb Mc driver I am getting a failure in SharpTools. It looks like your driver does not like the string format.

I’m not smart enough yet to pull logs for the driver so just wanted to see if you had any thoughts.

@joshua_lyon

1 Like