(EDGE Driver-Mc): Fibaro Smart Implant Mc

You can read the meaning of the parameters in the manual.

The manual is available here Smart Implant | FIBARO Manuals

Also - has anyone had issues with secure Zwave setup with this device? Neither scanning the QR code nor inputting the PIN on the back of the device appears to complete a secure zwave connection. I believe I was able to achieve a secure connection using a code on the box itself, but I’ve since lost the box. Could the unit be mislabeled? Any way to acquire the secure code electronically?

The only thing I could do is put a multiple mosaic option to show internal and the 2 external

1 Like

Just wanted to say thank you so much for this driver. I finally decided to replace my Fibaro Universal Sensor with a Smart Implant due to no Edge support, and once I got my brain engaged this worked perfectly. I’m using the profile for 2 contact sensors and 2 switches to monitor the status of my house alarm - whether set and whether triggered.

1 Like

That would be great, having a tile like that!

I’m using the Implant with your driver, measuring the temperatures* of the in - and outflowing air of my sauna. Thus knowing the temperature of the neighbouring room at all times and when the sauna itself is ready to use, respectively.

*I’m still wondering why there is a limit of 50Β°C in the conditions of the routines, as e. g. 85 would be a suitable trigger in the case of a β€œThe sauna is now ready” - notification. Maybe there is a workaround : Integration Solutions using MQTT - #396 by TAustin

Are you using this driver?

Are you using Rules API rules?

I’not using either (MQ or Rules).

I was referring to something written in the MQ-thread about the possiblity to possibly (!) avoid the 50Β°C limit on temperature settings in the routines section of the app.

The Fibaro Smart Implant is used - as far as I can see - for a number of applications where more than 50Β°C may be measured using attached DS18B20-sensors. So, circumventing this app-imposed limit would be a good thing, I think.

In MQTT temperature measurement is possible to use 85C limit

My idea was to use Rules API rule to copy Smart Implant’s measurement to MQTT measurement.
But since you don’t have either driver in use, it doesn’t make sense.

What profile are you using for your smart Implant?

All profiles have a range of -50 to 250 for temperature.

It seems to me that if the profile has a custom VID then the range written in the profile has no effect, it must be written in the presentation

Thank you for your answer.

I’m using the 2 ext temp probe profile, fibaro-smart-implant-temp-2, I would assume.

Looking at your github repository for the β€œβ€¦ BETA-4” driver, assuming that is the latest (2023-06-07T10…)
I believe that most if not all Profiles do contain the temp range (-50 - 250) as you did write, e. g.

I’m far from knowledgeable on this subject but it seems that some of the VIDs/Presentations do contain a temperatureMeasurement capability with an automation range of (-50 - 250) but not all?

Hi,

Well, with profile 2 External Temp Probe, you should see the range -50 to 250 in the routines as defined in the profile. That profile does not have any custom VID defined

I have tried a presentation with range on another device and it looks like this:

What I have also seen is that now, if profile has a VID defined then in the App the VID will be ignored and the profile range will be shown. I would swear that it wasn’t like that before and the VID predominated over the range in the profile, but I’m not saying anything anymore, this is going to drive crazy and I may already be.

Well I think that it’s not you that is insane.

Please keep up the good work!

@S.F.B
I have repackaged the driver to see if the presentation is applied in the new version, who knows!!

Do you use iOS or Android app? Might have something to do with this

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
 Name         Fibaro Smart Implant Mc
 Version      2023-10-16T21:28:01.448354747

Sorry, still a max of 50Β°C, using this new driver and having cleared the app cache.

Android app in use.

Hi,
I see in your screenshot that you want to do the routine on the temperature of the child thermostat device, not on the parent device external temperature.

The temperature of the child thermostat does not have a custom range, it has the standard range.

I could add it, but you cannot use the temperature of the parent device external temp1 or 2, which corresponds to the child thermostat

If I understand what you are writing, (that the External probes measurement values

may be used as conditions in the area (-50-250) in routines), I’m sorry, but that doesnt work either.

(I had already checked that but didnt want to clutter the previous post(s).)

See attached screenshot.

@S.F.B
How many external probes do you use?

2 probes. Nothing connected to out1/2.

Install this driver version.
If routines ranges works fine i will modify the VIDΒ΄s of child thermostat too

Name         Fibaro Smart Implant Mc
 Version      2023-10-17T15:21:22.746653353        
1 Like

You nailed it @Mariano_Colmenarejo!