[EDGE DEVICE] Simple Harmony Bridge **Alpha Testing**

You need to install the smartthings cli on a pc and run the command

smartthings edge:drivers:logcat

Then select the driver, switch back to the app and run the command. You should then see entries in the log.

I hope I followed your instructions correctly. Thank you for your help.

I can’t see anything wrong there but i will private message you

1 Like

Is there a way to clone this edge driver for use with multiple harmony hubs?

Unfortunately, that’s not currently supported.

Next time I work on the driver I’ll look into this as a possibility, but can’t promise anything.

4 Likes

Good to see some work being done on a Harmony Edge driver. I’m sure Logitech won’t be converting their current Groovy implementation considering they’ve scrapped the Harmony lineup.

4 Likes

Thank you for your efforts
 now I will put in my own efforts to see what I can accomplish
 I would like to be able to turn off my lights using my harmony remote’s buttons
 wonder if that will still be possible?

-Richard

1 Like

My driver doesn’t support that (as my driver is only for harmony control using st, not the other way around). Sorry

I’m unsure whether what you have described will still work after groovy switch off, using the official integration.

Hi,

I have installed your device (many thanks for the dev work btw) but it is failing to connect to my hub - no command list on device pane @ my.smarthings.com just no activity

image~2

I can’t see any reason why it should not connect unless there is an issue with my IP’s being in the 192.168.0.nnn range?

I would be very grateful for any pointers to getting connection working

IP address shouldn’t make a difference ( as long as it’s in the same range as the hub)

To debug you would need to use logcat to see the logs and figure out what is happening

Louis

1 Like

I have the same issue here - have sent you the logs

Thank you for working on this! I’m excited to keep my connection to Harmony when Groovy goes away!

With that said, I installed the latest MSI under Windows 11 and cannot connect to the Harmony device. I have tried enabling XMPP on the Harmony, as well as turning off my Windows firewall. I verified the IP is correct for the Harmony. Below are the relevant log entries.

2022-08-21T14:27:53.393646617+00:00 TRACE Harmony Bridge Simple Received event with handler device_lifecycle
2022-08-21T14:27:53.399048915+00:00 INFO Harmony Bridge Simple <Device: de391075-01c3-48da-8b2d-77d5f0b3dff5 (Harmony Bridge Simple)> received lifecycle event: infoChanged
2022-08-21T14:27:53.405522593+00:00 TRACE Harmony Bridge Simple Found DeviceLifecycleDispatcher handler in harmony-bridge-simple.v1
2022-08-21T14:27:53.408511556+00:00 INFO Harmony Bridge Simple IP Address Changed192.168.11.34
2022-08-21T14:27:53.411487692+00:00 INFO Harmony Bridge Simple Attempting to get hubID for ipAddress 192.168.11.34
2022-08-21T14:27:53.425922138+00:00 PRINT Harmony Bridge Simple
2022-08-21T14:27:53.429988146+00:00 ERROR Harmony Bridge Simple Harmony Bridge Simple thread encountered error: [string “st/dispatcher.lua”]:229: Error encountered while processing event for <Device: de391075-01c3-48da-8b2d-77d5f0b3dff5 (Harmony Bridge Simple)>:
arg1: infoChanged
arg2: table: 0x28d1780
[string “init.lua”]:234: attempt to index a nil value (local ‘resp’)

There definately seems to be a problem with setup, I just deleted my device and re setup and I’m facing the same as above so I think something has changed.

I can’t currently investigate this, I will hopefully be able to dig into it next week, and I will update my findings here.

Louis

2 Likes

I’ve heard a lot of people say that you can’t use this if you have two harmony hubs. Is it that you can use it if you have two hubs you just have to choose which one you’re going to create integration with? Or is it that it won’t actually work if you have two Harmony hubs on your network?

You would just have to pick, although at the moment there seems to be an issue breaking news setups

This issue is now fixed

It was caused by smartthings firmware update that has been rolling out over the last few months, which meant an old library i was using was replaced and the reference needed to be updated when you were on the new firmware. It’s the same issue @TAustin experienced here – [SmartThings Edge] Issue with HTTP requests in LAN drivers

As the library in question is only used during initial setup and config, it meant this will have only affected new users / re-configures / re-installs.

I have just published an updated driver that addresses this issue, it may take 24hrs to install on your hub automatically - but if you are facing the issue and delete and re-install should get you the update immediately

@TheHundredthIdiot @skinnypope @danhvos

3 Likes

Confirming that it resolved my setup problem. Thanks! And this solution works great because I only need a single command.

1 Like

It’s great for that kind of set-and-forget style of setup, for integration with an automation or a single button, as it’s local, fast and just works.

I do worry people coming here looking for a direct replacement for the official harmony integration with all of its functionality with the removal of groovy are going to be disappointed.

Louis

The official harmony integration was very basic imo. All it could do was turn on/off activities.

@Automated_House That’s true in the St → harmony direction, and I think with this driver we covered from a functionality perspective (+ the added benefit of it being local and giving devices control) ( even if the form is not beautiful)

I think the problem comes in the other direction, where people use harmony remotes to control St devices. I presume that will also break with groovy? This driver obviously does nothing to help in that scenario.