Ecobee3 sensors 2/$55 amazon

My kids grew up with it being 62 overnight in the bedrooms but back up to 68 by the time they woke up to go to school. At this point they like the cold.

2 Likes

@RLDreams, are you using ā€œMy Ecobee Deviceā€? I have a 2-story house with 2 bedrooms upstairs (really only the master in use) and given the number of vents upstairs itā€™s always hotter than the wide open downstairs (especially the masterā€¦ sometimes 10+ degrees hotter). I have a remote sensor in the master, but Iā€™m still finding it to be vastly different between the two levels. I doubt adding another sensor or two would help, but perhaps rolling the My Ecobee Device and having ST cut the heat once it hits a certain temp in the master. Would you even recommend these over, say, a multisensor in this case?

Donā€™t mean to hijack, but it is somewhat related to this thread!

Iā€™m a cheap ole bastard LOL. The wifeā€™s hot flashes help too.

I let Ecobee do its thing for home, away, sleep. Follow me is disabled. Use all Ecobee sensors for home & away, but only use the bedroom sensor for sleep. I do have Ecobee in Iā€™m Home and Iā€™m back.

Then in ST Iā€™m using the Thermostat director app. It turns off Ecobee if any of the doors/windows are open ( I have it set for 5 minutes so it wonā€™t turn off the heat if we just open a door to go out onto the porch for a minute, but will if we leave a door open) I also have it set to turn off heat if above 72*, override and turn heat on if any sensors in main living area drop below 60*.

So far the only issue Iā€™ve had is if somebody comes home late at night when Ecobee is in Sleep, but ST is not yet in night mode. Iā€™m home ST routine will override Ecobee sleep and turn up the heat. Really donā€™t need to try and raise the house from 63*-69* just to turn heat off in 20-30minutes and let it cool back down to 63*.

1 Like

Not sure what thread to post this on, anywhooos. Anybody else have there ecobee3 sensors eating up batteries. My one original sensor battery lasted about 2 years, but now itā€™s going thru 1 a month.

I had the opposite . Included batteries lasted < 1 month and the replacements have been going strong for well over a year

Iā€™m replacing with Panasonic batteries, canā€™t remember what the original battery was. Iā€™ve read where some of these gadgets are sensitive to the brand of battery used. Do you happen to know what brand your using for a replacement? No big deal. :grinning:

Iā€™m too lazy to go upstairs and check sensors, but I did check the file cabinet drawer and the card of batteries in there are Energizers, so I will just assume that is what I used in the Ecobee sensors too. :smiley:

1 Like