Echo no longer working with Ifttt and harmony

Any help trouble shooting would be much appreciated. I emailed harmony and Ifttt and have heard nothing back from them! Thanks guys

When I try to connect an activity on Ifttt it says ā€œhub not foundā€. Harmony works fine from my phone and the app.

I know this doesnā€™t address your current issue, but yonomi app works so much better than ifttt with echoā€¦

https://www.yonomi.co

1 Like

No, thank you, that does help. I didnā€™t know about it. Iā€™m always willing to learn new tricks!

2 Likes

I noticed that Echo and Harmony donā€™t get along as well as they did initially. Echo canā€™t find the app that I want to use when changing channels (she certainly complains a lot).

1 Like

I noticed issues tooā€¦running discovery seems to improve things for a whileā€¦

1 Like

My issue with the " new improved" Alexa Harmony skill is that it adds about 6 ( or more) different commands to change to the same channel .Here channel 7.1 WHDH is my local NBC affiliate . In my list of Alexa devices since activating the Harmony skill I have " 7" , " channel 7" , " Watch NBC " , " NBC" , " WH DH" ," WHDH" , "NBC Boston " ā€¦ It goes on like that for every dang channel. Glad I only have OTA, but I still get over 50 channels. I canā€™t imagine the mess for people with 200+ cable channels

1 Like

You can control what channel and what aliases get generated when you first set up the skill. I only kept those that made sense to me and that I actually useā€¦

2 Likes

I Mustā€™ve missed that step. I deleted most of them out of Alexa and the next time I logged in they were all back again.

1 Like

Yup, been there done thatā€¦but then I disabled and reran the skill and the favorites are on the ā€˜nextā€™ pageā€¦I have 200+ chanels that I donā€™t use, you could imagine how annoying that wasā€¦

2 Likes

Well, thanks fellas! Now Iā€™ve got it working directly with Harmony and not running through Ifttt.

Andā€¦now Ifttt found the hubā€¦after I disabled and re-enabled the Harmony skillā€¦whiskey tango foxtrot