Echo Dot + Lutron Caseta Deluxe Smart Lighting Control Kit - $159

All-New Echo Dot (2nd Generation) - Black + Lutron Caseta Wireless Deluxe Smart Lighting Control Kit for $159.89 which works out to about $29 off as a bundle on Amazon.

There are a few other deals Amazon is running with the new 2nd gen Dot, but this one caught my eye as a nice deal.

1 Like

I really like my Lutron Caseta switches, but we should note that they are not directly compatible with SmartThings.

They do have an IFTTT channel, so you can get indirect integration that way.

Or there are some community members who have set up a raspberry pi or another device as a bridge. But that requires some technical skills.


Boy, am I glad you mentioned that! I was about to just buy them thinking they were plug n play with ST. I’m definitely going to take a look at this before I pull the trigger.

1 Like

They are plug and play with Alexa, but not with SmartThings.

The IFTTT channel works fine, but IFTTT does introduce additional lag. At my house, that’s a pretty consistent eight seconds, but it does vary from house to house.

If you do get lag in the 5 to 10 second range, that typically works fine for having lights come on at a particular time or for turning all the lights off.

If you use them with echo, you can group the Lutron lights in the same group as your smartthings-controlled lights, so Voice control works perfectly.

Where you will really notice the lag is if you want to have a SmartThings controlled motion sensor trigger a Lutron light to come on. You could find yourself standing there waiting for the lights to come on for a few seconds, which is annoying.

So that’s when people start looking at things like the raspberry pi local option. :sunglasses:

They certainly aren’t plug and play with ST sadly. As JD mentioned though they are with Alexa which is how I control them 90% of the time. For the other 10% I built a little app that runs on a raspberry pi (or really any always on computer would theoretically work) that bridges the lutron and ST. It lets me do things like have motion trigger lights basically instantly. I’m really happy with it personally but it does require a little bit of setup. If you go that route and need help I’m happy to assist.


Does it have to be ordered through Alexa? It won’t let me add to my shopping cart.

It works on the site, but you have to be signed in with a prime account, I think.

1 Like