Echo arrives on 28th, UK supported?

Don’t forget the SPL :wink:

Is there anywhere with a list of the dedicated skills for the UK?

I ask because I am on USA still with UK address and correct time and everything works that I need, IFTTT, ST, Hue, traffic, weather, spotify and even yelp results for local restaurants etc.

As such I’m nervous to change over to the uk if I am going to lose a majority of the skills and only gain a few extra localised results?

Sorry, I was thinking “proper” football leagues. Next we’ll be asking for league of wales :wink:

1 Like

Just stay with the USA - You don’t need to change over.
IFTTT isn’t working, but is coming soon.
I’ve never tried yelp so can’t comment on that one.
ST, traffic, weather, spotify should all work.

IFTTT should be coming, but in the meanwhile you could get round it by using a virtual ST button and having IFTTT use that as a trigger.

So instead of saying “Alexa - trigger xxxxx”. And that command being passed staright to IFTTT,

You would say “Alexa - turn on/off xxxxxx” Which would push the relevant switch on ST, and IFTTT would pick that up as a trigger.

Just got this from support

I understand that you would like to know when the IFTTT & logitech harmony feature would be introduced for our customers in the United Kingdom.
At this time, we do not have any information as to when the IFTTT & logitech harmony feature would be available for the Amazon Echo. However, I’ll share your comments with the Amazon Echo development team. We’re working hard to bring this feature to all Amazon Echo devices across all regions.

Any one using AskAlexa does the echo have to be set is US lang to work cant get it to work on UK Lang and on US it hit and miss if it works. Any help I would be great

For anyone interested in when the AnyMote skill for Alexa becomes available. Check this:

Should be coming soon.

I’m using AskAlexa on UK Echo account but have found AskAlexa only work with language set to US English.
Davew44 may have sorted this - see his post

I haven’t tried his solution yet but will sometime. Be keen to know if you try it whether it works for you.

I originally installed under UK in the Develop Console and wasn’t working only got it working by setting to US will remove and try again with UK as im hating the US accent

I have full Echo UK experience now (from my original US Echo import and install on alexa.amazon.com). Two things that tripped me up :

1. I had to have Amazon support move the alexa.amazon.com account to alexa.amazon.co.uk (actually shows as http://layla.amazon.co.uk/) - took 48 hrs
  2. I have a BT HomeHub5 with Infinity and there is an Amazon/BT problem. Solution is to apply read this http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2016/09/amazon-echo-has-issues-connecting-to-bts-home-hub/
    I used the static IP address and alternative dns lookups and all is good now. Including full Ask Alexa support.
    All good now !

Does not support Scouse.

I’ve setup Ask Alexa. First go, it worked great and I was made up, since then I’ve realised it works about 5% of the time with my accent.

Ah. Have you investigated the language training capability ? Alexa’s recognition with my tones has been pretty good. There is meant to be some training tool but it looks like it has disappeared from the latest menu :

Be interested if you can find a way to improve the recognition. Good luck

Can’t see that option, looks like it’s been removed.

I’ve ordered so many muffins to my shopping list trying to query the front door status.

2 Likes

I can only imagine your conversation with Alexa :wink: Seeing it just typed doesn’t really convey the same pain you must be going through !

1 Like

In wondering if it could be because Ask Alexa needs to run on the US server, or I need to do a reinstall.

Asking it non Smartthings questions seems better.

I have just re installed Ask Alexa, I selected Europe Ireland region and English U.K. And all works correctly

1 Like

Re-installed on UK settings too and it’s working now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

Got myself an echo and have integrated it with ST nicely.

I like the suggestion by @redball about using a virtual switch to integrate with IFTT.

However, what I would like to do is say something like ‘Alexa, trigger email’ using a momentary VS so that the echo shopping list can be sent to an email address.

I know with the US IFTT integration that a recipe exists that allows you to embed the shopping list in an email body.

However, is there a way we could obtain the list contents from the echo?

Thanks

Do you mean have Alexa “read back” to you the shopping list / to do list?
There is no native ability to push at this time.

Hi

I was hoping for some sort of push like with the native US integration.

My thoughts were perhaps it could no be obtained through a custom lambada app

If it’s not possible though back to the web site and print for me