Door Sensor + Google Home + IFTTT

@Danabw
ugh sorry for the confusion - I think I made this more complicated than it needs to be as I tried to retrace my steps. You dont even really need the zebrablinds profile to get the variables.
If you watch this video: https://youtu.be/ybpW4Pn_vdM?t=1m54s
you can set up a profile to get your variables set from your Things. just use thing:ALL and Attribute:ALL to include all subscribed items in sharptools

Then create a task called Notify or something like that using the instructions in my last post. you can associate this with the Thing State profile which got the variables

1 Like

OK guys, I started from scratch, recorded my actions with a screen recorder and uploaded to Imgur.
I hope this helps anyone following in my footsteps to set up the Thing State profile to get the variables, and then get the AutoCast notification if any Thing changes to “open”

see here: http://imgur.com/a/Y0GyU

2 Likes

Thanks very much - I already had installed Autocast and started the Autocast plugin task in Tasker, so following the steps to complete that (putting in the variables you provided) was actually very easy.

As soon as I can get my dog off my lap I’m going to go open one of our sliders and see if Google Home will talk to me. :wink: smiley:

Thanks very much for the help, your semi-noob state is at the expert level to my complete noob state. :smiley:

IF %st_attr_value = motion

I tried this above for motion sensor did not work. :frowning:

Oops, just saw the post about the screen recording, I’ll check that out. Ignore below for now.

Didn’t work for me, unfortunately. Can’t really tell where/how it’s failing, unfortunately.

I did confirm the door is registering open with Smartthings. Checked my entries/setup repeatedly, did a full re-setup of the settings, and didn’t work.

What’s the best way to see where this is falling?

OK, followed the excellent screen vid, and things still not working. My screens, in case that helps.

I tried with casting set to Google Home, and to Google Audio cast puck I have, neither worked.

If there are any suggestions, I’m all ears! :slight_smile:

Is it registering in SharpTools and are you subscribed to the contact (assume you are using a contact sensor)?

Another thought is to run the Tasker log and see what it is seeing.

1 Like

Thanks. I have enabled control of all door contact sensors, etc., in my ST setup in Sharp Tools.

I’ll look into the logs, thanks.

Try IF %st_attr_value ~ active

1 Like

I think you need to subscribe to event changes for each device in Sharp Tools if you haven’t already done it.

1 Like

Ahhh. Long press on the device in Sharp Tools.

VICTORY!

2 Likes

One odd thing, i decided to unsubscribe one door that is in our family room (don’t need voice when were right there) and sharp tools won’t unsubscribe from that door, get error 400 from the device list and subscription page on the app, and i tried removing/adding it back to Sharp Tools, but the subscription was still there.

You might try this from here SharpTools

“Additionally, you can try opening the ‘Subscriptions’ pane from the SharpTools left navigation and then manually tap the refresh icon in the action bar to refresh the list of subscriptions. Once you’ve refreshed the list of subscriptions, open the Things screen again and check to see if your subscription is setup as expected.”

That fixed the issue I was having with the 400 error.

2 Likes

Refreshing subscriptions did it, thanks!

1 Like

I used lannouncer on my Nexus 7 with the big talker smartapp which configures the Nexus as a speaker. Next, from the pull down menu on the Nexus, I cast to the Google home. Google home will still respond to commands while being cast to.

For this to work however, the phone has to be present on the same network as your Google Home right? I’m trying to hook up my door bell sensor to my GH but if the phone isn’t present, then the notification won’t work right?

thanks!

Correct, it needs to be able to cast to your GH on the same network. Since I have a dedicated tablet for my dashboard, it is also used for GH announcements. Many folks have several dedicated tablets around the house so any one of them could be used.

Hi I looking for an way to Google say “Door Still Open” any idea?

Look at this community app called RemindR.

1 Like

Hi @lmosenko

RemindR does not works with Google Home.