Does Anyone Still Use SmartThings?

@johnconstantelo @tgauchat
Thank you very much, Found it. Apparently I was looking up when I needed to be looking down.:grinning: Thank you again

2 Likes

Be sure to follow my guide for the smart plug! And please let me know if the devicetype I created automatically getā€™s assigned while pairing the plug, Itā€™s my first zigbee devicetype and I havenā€™t been able to test it myself.

@blebson Holy cow you were reading my mind just nowā€¦ I have another tab opened looking for that discussion, thanks!

I agree 100% @blebson! From reading over the guidelines my best approach would have been to simply report there posts for violation of those guidelines which I intended to do so but couldnā€™t actually find a report button anywhere on their post and so took it into my own hands at that point. If there is a report button, please let me know!

Let me also rephrase the posts that are considered violation of the guidelines to me (which wonā€™t be for everyone but if someone gets offended or insulted then it better be considered a violation) which is essentially what brought about a defensive response from me (which some will agree was justifiable) but also considered a violation even if it was in defenseā€¦

If your going to flag me, just please remember to also flag the two people (and only two people out of everyone) that brought about my responses as if those two didnā€™t waste anyoneā€™s time to join the thread with their nonsense it still wouldā€™ve continued on as a thread for users to just discuss their frustrations and issues. However at this point, they won, the two people who have fantastic working SmartThings hubs. Just disgusting but at this point itā€™s hard to continue this thread into anything more meaningful.

I havenā€™t reported any posts, nor was I planning to. Just wanted to give a friendly reminder and try to cool the discussion a bit.

If you find posts that you feel violate the community guidelines then you can click the flag icon at the bottom of the post (only useable for users with ā€˜Basicā€™ trust level or above).

Ahhh thank you! So thatā€™s what is meant by the tooltip when you hover over that flag icon aka ā€œprivately flag this post for attentionā€ haha! I thought it was for notifications or something along that line to keep it in your ā€œfavoriteā€ posts section or something but I guess thatā€™s what the bookmark icon is for after reading itā€™s tooltip!

Sorry about that!

Gee, Bry, nobody is forcing you to participate in this thread!

But, since you seem inextricably drawn like a fly to excrement , here are some positives from itā€¦

1. He knows heā€™s not alone
  2. SmartThing has heightened awareness that there is an ongoing problem
  3. SidJohn was informed that he is not the owner of the internet.
  4. Tim Slagle got involved
  5. He acknowledged a known problem
  6. There have been many more potential problems aired, possibly pointing the dev team at useful beta testers. (Which I donā€™t mean the current production approach of ā€œship it and cross fingersā€, but more like, ā€œthese guys found issues, letā€™s see if this code fixes it for them before releasing it widely.ā€
  7. Tim stated that SmartThings reads every post. (Iā€™m not sure I believe it. Tim - would you reply to confirm? :wink: )

Iā€™m not having the problems MX is, and even he chimed in against a bomb thrower in a lawsuit thread, but ST has some growing pains, and this thread is the best Iā€™ve seen at exposing them.

One of the growing pains, by the way, is defensive fan boys. It happens every where. If you see any, kindly point them at this thread, but make sure they know itā€™s an optional read, okay? :laughing:

3 Likes

I just wanted to say thank you @NWTony!

2 Likes

Closed thread. This conversation is no longer constructive.

2 Likes