Does anyone own wink2 hub and Smartthings hub

Can devices added to the wink2 hub be added to Smartthings somehow.

The short answer is no.

The medium answer is even though you can’t add the same device to both hubs at the same time, you can use IFTTT as a “man in the middle” with pretty good effectiveness. You can go in both directions, using Wink either as the “if” or the “that.” However, there may be some additional lag. At my house, it’s a pretty consistent eight seconds, which is fine for some use cases, but too long for others. But the lag does vary from house to house, so you just have to try it and see.

You can also combine both wink-controlled devices and smartthings-controlled devices into echo groups, if that’s of any help.

The very long answer is that you cannot share zigbee devices or Lutron devices or Bluetooth devices.

It is technically possible to share Z wave devices, but the results are probably not going to be what you expect, the statuses tend to get out of sync, and it’s all pretty annoying. SmartThings no longer recommends doing this at all.

SmartThings strongly discourages adding the Hub to another Z-Wave network. We cannot offer support for disconnected Z-Wave devices or the inability to add devices through the Hub as a result of including the Hub into another Z-Wave network.

So while it’s not impossible to do this just for the Z wave devices, it’s probably not the answer that you’re looking for.

As long as the use cases are OK with the additional lag, most people just use the IFTTT method. Each device is still only talking to one hub, but you can have the 2 hubs talk to each other through IFTTT and get pretty good results. :sunglasses:

I’m currently running both, although most of my devices are on ST. The only stuff on Wink hub 2 is my Relay’s and Tapt switches. I’ve been very successful using Stringify to enable actions between the two. Surprisingly there’s not that much of a lag when using a door sensor on ST to trigger a light to turn on controlled by Wink. Stringify is MUCH more powerful than IFTTT or any other app currently available really.

i want to use the home depot fan http://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Decorators-Collection-Gardinier-52-in-LED-Brushed-Nickel-Ceiling-Fan-43260/206648825?keyword=gardinier+ceiling+fan

which communicates with the wink2 hub . While keeping my ST as primary and control it from alexa

There are some devices that can connect to both platforms. Products such as Nest, iHome, Chamberlain, Hue that have their own icloud based accounts can be connected to both platforms. So with the Hue hub, you can connect your zigbee lights to it and then have access from both Wink and ST.

1 Like

do any of you guys have a ceiling fan with light setup and how did you do it, I was going to install two switches on fan z-wave and one regular z-wave and run romex with 4 wires black, red, white, copper so that my fan is on black light on red white is neutral and ground, my fan has three wires black, blue, and white.

OK, that model is a multi endpoint zigbee device and at present does not work with SmartThings.

The only way to access it from SmartThings at the present time is by using the IFTTT method.

There are a number of people who have been hoping to get it to work with SmartThings, but no one has succeeded yet,

There are many topics in the forums about fans. The fastest way to find them will be to use the quick browse lists in the community – created wiki, look in the project reports category, and look at the list for HVAC. That’s where the fan discussions are.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section#Quick_Browse_Links_for_Project_Reports.2FQuestions

If you want to get individualized advice on your own wiring project, please start a new topic in the projects section and I’m sure a number of people will be glad to help you there. :sunglasses:

https://community.smartthings.com/c/projects-stories

Thanks I am now off to figure out how to get two arlo pro’s into smarttiles.

1 Like