Documentation for Lua 'require' Libraries

Hi Everyone,

Where are the Lua ‘require’ libraries documented? I see examples that load ‘st.capabilities’, ‘st.utils’, ‘log’, ‘ltn12’, etc. I have done a search in the Documentation web pages, but nothing seems to pop up.

Thanks for all the help,
Jose

The libraries can be downloaded from the releases tab on GitHub:

@philh30 : Thank you for your reply, but I don’t understand your answer. I already have this repo cloned, but it does not document ‘st.utils’, ‘dkjson’ ‘cosock’ ‘net.url’, ‘st.utils’, etc - all libraries that were ‘required’ in examples. As far as I can understand, you don’t download these libraries. Also, I don’t see them in the repo you pointed me to.

Where are these libraries documented?

Regards,
Jose

The libraries are available for download on the Releases tab, download and unpack this:

Documentation of them is really just what you’ll find in the code.

@philh30 Thank you for your answer. I understand what you are saying now. I don’t really want to download the libraries, though. I am asking if there is a place where they are documented. Are you saying the only way to see a documentation is to download the libraries and look at the code?

Regards,
Jose

You’ll find some amount of documentation at the link below, primarily for the st.* libraries. I’ve found GitHub repos for some of the others like dkjson that may have documentation. But yes, downloading the libraries and pulling them into your development environment is your best bet.

https://developer-preview.smartthings.com/docs/edge-device-drivers/

1 Like

Thank you.