Discontinuation of MyQ Connect Community SmartApp

Alan, thanks for posting the details! I was just about to embark on the exact same workaround and you saved me some homework.

1 Like

My system just started working again. Anyone elseā€™s system start working again?

I install a new Chamberlain garage door with the MyQ adapter about 2 months ago. Started using the MyQ Lite SmartApp that day and have had no problems with it working.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not looking for my garage door to auto open/close based on my presence. Given that, are there other added benefits of using this SmartApp rather than the MyQ app to open/close my doors?

I already have a contact sensor on my door so I can already monitor its status from ST.

I use it in rules. Running Good Night it closes the garage door if I left it open, same if the Away routine fires. That is really the only thing I use myQ for. Since you already have a tilt sensor you can set up an alert if you left it open.

MyQ Lite has allowed me to open my garage by voice using Echoā€¦just have to tell Alexa to turn on the garage door to open, turn off the garage door to close. I think this might be a recent change, I donā€™t remember it working before, which was one of my motivations for installing Ask Alexa.

1 Like

Mine works - just installed the current version of the apps.

To prevent others from opening my door from the outside, I would probably name it ā€œIntruder killing machineā€ instead of garage door.

1 Like

I donā€™t care to automate the doors, what I would like to do is know when the doors are opened and if they are opened during a certain time window to turn on the outdoor lights for a brief amount of time.

Edit: @maranhao I realized I didnā€™t reply directly to you, so Iā€™m adding a mention so you get notified about this comment

Just stick a tilt sensor on the garage doors. The SmartThings Multi Sensor has this capability, though I believe there are cheaper options too.

You can then set rules based on the status of the tilt sensor.

3 Likes

For those that are reporting that things work, are you able to use a version of the code that doesnā€™t require a tilt sensor? If so, do you have access to the source code so others can use it?

You know, you guys could make up for this by simply re-enabling the garage door device type for the Z-Wave relay and motion sensor combination you used to have on v1. The only reason I bought a myQ was to replace that, and now Iā€™m realizing it doesnā€™t work either. Getting pretty frustrated with Smartthings right now.

The MyQ Lite smartapp works excellently. Iā€™ve been using it for months. You just canā€™t use this particular version of the smartapp because MyQ blocked it or some such nonsenseā€¦

1 Like

Anyone tried using Google Home to close the door? I assume you can create a simulated switch and tie to the MyQ device, but Iā€™m not exactly sure how it can be done.

I can use Alexa to close mine. It integrates with the device created in the MyQ Lite app.

Thatā€™s great. Makes me wonder if buying the Google home was a mistake. I could have just gotten a few Dotsā€¦ Google home also doesnā€™t control my Sensi thermostat but Alexa canā€¦ Might be time to return the Home for several dots.

The MyQ device also shows up in Google Home.

I returned my google home and got 2 dots instead (and had $50 more in my pocket). Iā€™m happier with the dot. It seems like itā€™s more forgiving when I donā€™t say my light switch name exactly right.
I also like the light ring around the dot better than the google home.
Google home can answer a LOT more questions, but I donā€™t really need that.

How did you get it to show in Google Home? I cannot find it under either Home Control or Devices. I have the MyQ Gateway.

Hi

I use the following smart app and it has allowed me to control my garage with Alexa and SmartThings as long as everything is intergrated I donā€™t know Google home since I donā€™t have one yet but it should still work since google home and SmartThings have an intergration