Disable Motion sensor in the bedroom when in night mode?

I want to disable the motion sensor in our bedroom while we are sleeping so the light doesnt keep comeing on while tossing and turning in bed. This is my first post and i have no idea where to begin. I have looked at all the settings in smarthings and i cant figure out how to do it. so i was thinking about doing it in webcore. could someone give me an example of what the code would look like.

This should be very easy, and you won’t need webcore for it.

In smartthings, you don’t disable the motion sensor – – it continues to send information to the hub. You just set restrictions on the rule that is being used to turn on the light.

So the first question is which version of the mobile app do you have ( they have different logos):

And then, show us a screenshot of the automation that you are using to have the motion sensor trigger the light coming on. Almost certainly that automation will have an option to restrict the rule to specific times or modes. :sunglasses:

For example, at my house we have a motion sensor in the bedroom. From sunrise to sunset, the motion sensor is just ignored. In the evening, the motion sensor turns on the overhead light. But once I have gone to bed, the Rule to have the motion sensor trigger the overhead light is inactive, and a different rule operates which has the motion sensor trigger a soft night light on the wall.

The motion sensor is always sending the same message to the hub, but different automations are being triggered at different times. :sunglasses: :sleeping:

2 Likes

Also, since you’re new, you might find the following FAQ of interest. It explains when you might need to use Webcore, and when you probably don’t. ( this is a clickable link)

Here is a Smart Lighting instance on Classic app with motion overwrite ( “Office Overwrite” is a virtual switch that can be activated by any other app - I usually use Alexa to cancel the motion events).

1 Like

Thanks everyone, I am using both the classic and the smarthing things app. Becaue i have a lock on my door that the new smarthings app wont control for unlocking. also is there a way i can create scenes and routies from a desktop rather then the app.

in Classic, go to marketplace>smartapps>smarthings reccomends >smart lights

setup the rule to turn on and then set a restriction to not run only in night mode, by time, etc…

1 Like

There is no desktop app, although if you MUST have it on your desktop try an Android emulator like BlueStacks and load the android app of your choice on it or use a tablet.

1 Like